You are here:
Swiss Indian Chamber of Commerce (SICC)
SICC is a bi-national, independent, non-profit association with over 350 Swiss and Indian members. It is devoted to growing business between individuals and companies in India and Switzerland. Founded in 1985, SICC is widely recognized as a key player in advancing Indo-Swiss political, economic and cultural relations. As an independent organization, the chamber co-operates with all public and private institutions that pursue similar goals.
SICC aims to
• enhance the flow of information on investment- and trade-related issues between India and Switzerland;
• improve bilateral commercial, industrial and technical co-operation between India and Switzerland;
• support the establishment of joint ventures and strategic alliances between enterprises of both countries.
SICC members include representatives of large, midsize and small companies, associations, organizations and individuals in India and Switzerland. SICC has offices in Zurich, Bangalore, Delhi and Mumbai.
- Networking through events in India and Switzerland
SICC offers a networking platform, especially through the conferences, workshops and seminars that it regularly organizes. Here members meet and forge relations with Swiss and Indian counterparts active in leading business sectors. The experience of SICC members constitutes a valuable source of information on doing business in India and Switzerland alike.
- Specialized information on India and Switzerland
SICC informs its members about the economic and political situation in India and Switzerland, the business climate for foreign investors and changes concerning investment and trade-related conditions. It offers access to specialized information in the areas of taxation, customs, legal regulations, management and human resources.
- Access to strategic partners in India and Switzerland
Finding a reliable local partner can be the decisive success factor for achieving business success in both the Indian and Swiss markets. SICC works with a dynamic network of governmental ministries, economic organizations, companies and private individuals to identify the optimal strategic partners for its members.
- Lobbying on members' behalf in India and Switzerland
Members who encounter obstacles when doing business in India or Switzerland can turn to SICC. With an extensive network and effective outreach, SICC brings its members’ interests to the attention of decision makers, and works to ensure that these interests are met.
- Market entry and project implementation support
One of the common challenges companies face is starting on the right foot; effectively kicking off and running operations in a new market. SICC’s network of experts advises on strategies for entering both the Indian and Swiss markets, and facilitates project implementation once there.