You are here:
Important Information: new rule on calculation of the duration of stay within the Schengen area (Switzerland) starting on 18 October 2013. For details, please refer to the following links.
Examples - Duration of Stay
Regulations for passport (starting on 21 August 2013)
* Must be valid at least 3 months after your scheduled depart from the Schengen countries
* Must be issued within 10 years
Liechtenstein: The entry and passport regulations are the same as for Switzerland.
You will need to apply for an assurance of authorisation of staying permit directly with the competent cantonal authority of your future place of domicile before you enter Switzerland. The contact addresses and Websites can be found on the following link.
If you are married to Swiss citizens, the procedures for obtaining a staying permit should be started after you enter Switzerland. Even so, the Embassy will recommend you to contact the competent cantonal authority to get detailed information before you leave for Switzerland.
Some cantons inform about necessary documents on their Website where the application form also can be downloaded. Please note, that sometimes it might be quicker to look for the information on the Website than to make an email inquiry.
Application documents required
- Two application form (Official application form for trainees)
- Two employment contract (Standard employment agreement for trainees)
- University diploma (equal or higher)
- Curriculum vitae
- Reference from the former company (if it’s possible)
- 550 JPY (mailing cost to Switzerland)
- Federal Office for Migration - FOM
On the website of the Federal Office of Migration you will find various useful information
- Types of Residence Permit
Types of Residence permit and information about Swiss Social Insurance system
- Work and Settle in Switzerland
Information to live and work in Switzerland