The Swiss authorities issue this warning against fake Swiss Federal Government Scholarships advertised by e-mail. The Swiss Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS) never advertises its scholarships by e-mail. The scholarships are generally directly managed by the Swiss representation in the respective country. The Swiss authorities recommend to never answer to these e-mails and above all not to send any money.
You are here:
Republic of Korea (South Korea) - 2014/1015 Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships
The Swiss Government is offering scholarships for Korean researchers and fine arts students for the 2014/15 academic year..
The types of scholarships for Korean students/researchers are:
- Research scholarships (PhD Students only, 12 months maximum)
- Post-doctoral scholarship (12 months; renewable maximum months)
- Fine Arts scholarship (full duration of Master program)
Unfortunately, no Bachelor or Master scholarships are available anymore!
Download the general guidelines and the specific information on each type of scholarship on the right-hand side of this webpage. You may also consult the webpage of the Swiss State Secretariat of Education and Research.
Information on Swiss universities: www.swissuniversity.ch
After 1 September 2013, you may write an email to the Embassy to request the application forms ( email@example.com).
Individual requests cannot be treated!
- 1 September 2013: Opening of the call
- 30 November 2013: Submission of documents by email to: "National Institute for International Education" (NIIED) 국립국제교육원(contact details to follow)
- Early January 2014: Short-listed candidates may be contacted and interviewed by the Embassy in early January.
- May 2014: Final results will be communicated.
- 16 September 2014: Begin of scholarship.