You are here:
Visas for persons living in Pakistan and Afghanistan
Visa application can only be processed if the applicant is legally resident in Afghanistan or Pakistan.
There are two means of submitting your visa application for a Tourist, Visit, Business and Transit Visa:
- Applicants submitting their visa application for the first time at the Embassy of Switzerland must appear personally. Visitors are received on a first come first served basis.
- Applicants who have already been granted a Schengen visa by the Swiss Embassy in Islamabad or have already applied once personally at the Swiss Embassy in Islamabad and for their convenience, visa application/s can be submitted directly in Gerry's International (Pvt.) Ltd. in a number of cities in Pakistan. Information regarding Gerry’s services charges & locations call UAN # 111-811-111 or visit the following website:
Holders of Diplomatic or Official Passports and students have to present their visa applications in person at the Embassy. The same applies to rejected applicants who wish to appeal against the decision.
Each case is reviewed separately, and no guarantee can be given that a visa will be issued.
Please do not send any documents regarding visa application – especially invitation letters – to the Embassy. All documentations (as detailed in the relevant leaflet), including the invitation letter, must be submitted when applying for a visa.
Children under 18 years travelling alone need to bring a certified parental consent, signed by both parents. If the child travels with only one parent, the other parent must produce the notarized/certified consent. If only one parent has guardianship of the minor, the court judgements (NADRA) confirming this must be presented.
If the visa application is submitted in Gerry’s drop box, all queries regarding passports will be only entertained by Gerry’s offices where the application will be submitted.
Child under 6 years free of charge
Child 6-12 years: PKR 4'600.00
Adult: PKR 7'700.00
Appeal: PKR 15'800.00
Postage to Switzerland: PKR 1'000.00
The visa fee is non refundable.
Categories of visas
- Airport transit visa, required by the nationals of certain countries
- Short stay Schengen visa, 1-90 days
- Long stay visa, exceeding 90 days
Submission of Visa applications:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 10:00-13:00
Collection of passports :
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 15:00-16:00
Collection of passports during Ramadan
Monday, Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday 14:00-15:00
Visa section will remain closed on Fridays.
In cases of binational marriages the procedure of civil registration in Switzerland has to be done through this Embassy before the visa application can be processed.
The lists of all required documents for the civil registration for Pakistani and Afghani citizen can be found on this page; an appointment is necessary to submit the documents.
Please note that two different administrations are concerned in such cases (one for the civil status and the other one for the visa process).