You are here:
Application for a Schengen* Business Visa
Welcome to Switzerland!
If you are a resident of Singapore planning to travel to Europe for a business trip you can apply for a Schengen business visa at the Embassy of Switzerland in Singapore if your main destination is Switzerland. Please note that the application has to be submitted personally and cannot be submitted earlier than 3 months before the travel date. The applications can normally be processed within 5 working days upon submission of your complete visa application but for some nationalities can take up to 15 working days. The fee for the processing of the application for an adult is the equivalent of EUR 60.00 in SGD. This non-refundable charge is payable in cash when applying.
What documents do I have to submit?
All applicants must submit the following documents in original together with one copy:
- 1 visa application form duly completed and signed by the applicant. Application forms are also available from our website: www.eda.admin.ch/singapore
- 2 recent passport size photographs (35x45mm) according to biometric specifications
- Passport with a minimum validity of 3 months beyond the expected stay in the Schengen area issued in the past 10 years and with at least 2 free pages and a photocopy thereof (front/back, re-entry permit and if any, valid UK/ USA visas, etc.)
- Proof of residence in Singapore: Employment Pass/ PR card / Dependent Pass/ Student Pass with a minimum validity of 3 months beyond the expected stay in Switzerland
- Company letter confirming your employment, duration of recruitment, status, income, detailed information about the business trip to Switzerland and that the company takes full responsibility for all your expenses, including medical care and repatriation if necessary
- Local company Biz File issued by ACRA (if self-employed)
- Signed letter or fax of invitation from your Swiss business contacts (if applicable confirming that the costs are covered by the company in Switzerland as well as a detailed description of the reason for travel).
- Travel medical insurance policy including schedule of benefits, valid in all Schengen States for the entire duration of the intended stay (minimum cover is EUR 30’000)
- Airline ticket or print-out of confirmed e-ticket including passenger registration number as well as itinerary
The Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional documents at all times.
*) Schengen countries include Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finnland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithunia, Malta, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia.
Back to page «Visa »