You are here:
Application for a Schengen* Tourist Visa
Welcome to Switzerland!
If you are a resident of Singapore planning to travel to Europe as a tourist you can apply for a short term visa at the Embassy of Switzerland in Singapore if your main destination is Switzerland.
Please note that the application has to be submitted personally and cannot be submitted earlier than 3 months before the travel date. The applications can normally be processed within 5 working days upon submission of your complete visa application but for some nationalities can take up to 15 working days. The fee for processing the application for an adult is the equivalent of EUR 60.00 in SGD. This non-refundable charge is payable in cash when applying.
What documents do I have to submit?
All applicants must submit the following documents in original plus one photocopy:
- 1 visa application form duly completed and signed by the applicant. Application forms are also available from website www.eda.admin.ch/singapore or www.bfm.admin.ch
- 2 recent passport size photographs (35x45mm) according to biometric specifications
- Passport with a minimum validity of 3 months beyond the expected stay in the Schengen area, issued in the past 10 years and with at least 2 free pages and a photocopy thereof (front/back, re-entry permit and if any, valid UK/ USA visas, etc.)
- Proof of residence in Singapore : Employment Pass/ PR card / Dependent Pass/ Student Pass with a minimum validity of 3 months beyond the expected stay in Switzerland
- Company letter confirming your employment, duration of recruitment, status, income and upcoming leave
- For students: letter from the school and student ID
- Proof of sufficient financial means of support from a local bank (statements of the last three months)
- Proof of purpose and intended stay such as hotel bookings, booking receipts, tour description, vouchers
- Travel medical insurance policy incl. benefits valid in all Schengen States for the entire duration of the intended stay (minimum cover is EUR 30’000)
- Airline ticket or print-out of confirmed e-ticket including passenger registration number as well as itinerary
- If the applicant is travelling with the spouse and children, the original and a photo copy of the marriage certificate as well as the children's birth certificate need to be submitted.
The Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional documents at all times.
*) Schengen countries include Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finnland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithunia, Malta, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia.
Back to page «Visa »