You are here:
Visiting friends/relatives in Switzerland
Welcome to Switzerland!
If you are a resident of Singapore planning to travel to Switzerland to visit a relative or friend you can apply for a short term Schengen visa* at the Embassy of Switzerland in Singapore if your main destination is Switzerland. Please note that the application has to be submitted personally and cannot be submitted earlier than 3 months before the travel date. The applications can normally be processed within 5 working days upon submission of your complete visa application but for some nationalities can take up to 15 working days. The fee for the processing of the application for an adult is the equivalent of EUR 60.00 in SGD. This non-refundable charge is payable in cash when applying.
What documents do I have to submit?
All applicants must submit the following documents in original together with one copy:
- 1 visa application form duly completed and signed by the applicant. Application forms are also available from our website: www.eda.admin.ch/singapore
- 2 recent passport size photographs (35x45mm) according to biometric specifications
- Passport with a minimum validity of 3 months beyond the expected stay in the Schengen area issued in the past 10 years and with at least 2 free pages and a photocopy thereof (front/back, re-entry permit and if any, valid UK/ USA visas, etc.)
- Proof of residence in Singapore: Employment Pass/ PR card / Dependent Pass/ Student Pass with a minimum validity of 3 months beyond the expected stay in Switzerland
- Company letter confirming your employment, status, income and approved leave
- Proof of sufficient financial means of support from a local bank (statements of the last three months)
- Signed invitation letter from your Swiss sponsor mentioning the nature of relationship and if applicable confirming that the costs are covered by him/her as well as a copy of the Swiss passport or residence permit in Switzerland (to be faxed directly to the Embassy +65 6466 82 45)
- Travel medical insurance policy including schedule of benefits, valid in all Schengen States for the entire duration of the intended stay (minimum cover is EUR 30’000)
- Airline ticket or print-out of confirmed e-ticket including passenger registration number as well as itinerary
The Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional documents at all times.
*) Schengen countries include Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finnland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithunia, Malta, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia.
Back to page «Visa »