You are here:
Embassy in Brussels
Embassy of Switzerland in Belgium
Relocation of our consular services
Since 16th May 2011, the consular services of this embassy have been transferred to the Benelux Regional Center for Consular Affairs at The Hague:
- Inscription / announcement of departure at the Swiss representation
- Applications for passports and identity cards
- Civil status affairs (birth, marriage, divorce, etc.)
- Change of address
- Consular protection
- Assistance, etc.
Benelux Regional Center for Consular Affairs
Please address your correspondence in future to:
Regional consular center Benelux
c/o Embassy Switzerland
The purpose of relocating the consular services to the regional consular centres is to ensure the high quality and efficiency of our service and that it is adapted to meet the needs of Swiss citizens living or on temporary stays abroad.
The reorganisation takes into account that nowadays most consular matters can be dealt with by post or e-mail. An increasing number of Swiss citizens communicate with the representations in this way. Only a few matters, such as recording biometric data for identity documents, require the applicant to be present in person.
The relocation of consular services will be combined with the following services:
- creation of a helpline that is operational 365 days a year, 24 hours a day as of 1 May 2012
Tel : +41 800 24 7 365
The FDFA Helpline and its services
- possibility of obtaining biometrical data in Switzerland from cantonal passport offices or from another Swiss representation abroad that provides consular services. Please note that the request for an identity document must first be addressed to the representation responsible for your place of residence
- in the context of events abroad bringing together a large number of the Swiss community, possibility to use mobile devices to record biometric data
- co-operation with other member states of the Schengen area on visa matters