You are here:
Armenian citizens and foreigners officially residing in Armenia should contact the Polish Embassy in Yerevan:
Embassy of the Republic of Poland in the Republic of Armenia
Address: Hanrapetutyan 44 a, 0010 Yerevan, Armenia
The Embassy of Switzerland in Tbilisi remains competent for Swiss D National visas and Schengen visas for medical purposes.
The Embassy of Switzerland in Tbilisi issues entry visa for Switzerland and Austria to persons with residence in Georgia.
For Austrian Schengen visas, the host in Austria has to provide the “Elektronische Verpflichtungserklärung EVE” (see more details under Visitor Visa point 12).
If the stay in Austria will exceed 3 month and/or be for employment, study, marriage or family reunion, the applicant must be lodged directly with the Embassy of Austria in Baku (Landmark III, 7. Stock, Nizami Str. 90A, AZ-1010 Baku, Azerbaijan, Tel. (+994 12) 465 99 33, Fax: (+994 12) 465 99 94, E-Mail: email@example.com
Address: Krtsanisi 11, 0114 Tbilisi
Tel.: +995 32 275 30 01 or +995 32 275 30 02
Fax: +995 32 275 30 06
Tel. from Switzerland: 031 322 18 41
Fax from Switzerland: 031 322 18 44
Opening hours for applications: Monday-Thursday, 09:00-12:30
Inquiries by telephone: Monday-Thursday, 15:00-17:00 / Friday 09:00-12:30
Please make sure to submit a duly completed and signed application form accompanied by all the required documents. Please note that there are different types of visa to which different requirements apply.
Please, pay attention to our public holidays!
Information concerning all types of visa
- Fees for Schengen and Swiss National visa applications: € 60.00 payable in USD and in cash when the visa application is submitted at the Embassy of Switzerland (please note that the amount is subject to fluctuation of the exchange rate; please have approx. USD 90.00 available).
- Fees for Schengen visa applications for citizens of Georgia, Moldova and Russia: € 35.00 payable in USD and in cash when the visa application is submitted at the Embassy of Switzerland (please note that the amount is subject to fluctuation of the exchange rate; please have approx. USD 50.00 available).
- Personal appearance at the Embassy by the applicant is required for all first-time applicants. The Embassy reserves the right to ask applicants for personal appearance or interviews, regardless whether they traveled to Switzerland, Austria and/or the Principality of Liechtenstein before.
- Holders of a "Residence Permit" or a special "Residence Document" from certain countries are exempted from the visa requirement. Please contact the Embassy for further details.
- Please be reminded that working is strictly prohibited while visiting Switzerland, unless the corresponding (work) visa has been issued.
- Each application is checked individually and no guarantee is given that a visa will be issued. The Embassy cannot be held responsible for costs occured when a visa is refused.
- Applications should be handed in at least two weeks and not more than 3 month prior the departing date.
- Processing time of the application: usually 10 working days (once the file is complete and all requested documents and/or information have been submitted). Applications that cannot be dealt with in the competence of the Embassy and need to be forwarded to Switzerland: see next paragraph
- Please note that in certain cases and for certain types of visa the application has to be submitted to the authorities in Switzerland. In such cases, it may take several weeks until a decision is available.
- The Embassy of Switzerland reserves the right to ask for further information/documents, to hand out a "Declaration of taking over of costs" or to submit the visa application to the competent authorities in Switzerland or Austria for decision.
- If an applicant’s request has to be sent to the responsible immigration authorities in Switzerland, the Embassy will charge USD 10.00 postage fee.
- The Embassy does not inform the applicant if the authorisation has arrived. Therefore the applicant is requested to contact the Embassy during the hours for telephone inquiries (Monday-Friday, 15:00-17:00)
- Documents or confirmations have to be issued in English or in one of the official Swiss languages (German, French or Italian) or translated into one of the languages mentioned (For certain documents or in certain cases, "Apostille" is required).
- All foreigners (non-Georgian or non-Armenian citizens) living in Georgia or Armenia have to prove that they have permanent residence in Georgia or Armenia.
- For children under 18 traveling with only one of the parents or without, a notarized consent of the parent(s) with the notarized translation (in English or one of the official Swiss languages) should be submitted. As well as a translated birth certificate of the child (Apostille may be required in certain cases).
- Visa application form can only be filled-in only in German, French or English.
- Visa application files sent by post will not be accepted.
- Vaccination: No vaccination certificates are required.
The followoing visas are available
- Tourist Visa (Type C)
For applicants going on holiday to Switzerland or Austria, staying at a hotel, in a rented flat or who visit Switzerland/Austria on a coach tour
- Visitor Visa (Type C)
For applicants going to visit relatives or friends (Swiss or Austrian citizens, holders of a foreign national passport with residence permit), living in Switzerland/Austria
- Business Visa (Type C)
For applicants wishing to meet their business partners
- Student Visa (Type C = stay of max. 90 days; Type D = stay of more than 90 days)
For applicants intending to study
- Family Reunion Visa (Type D)
For applicants wishing to reunite with their spouse or parents in Switzerland
- Medical Treatment (Type C)
For applicants undergoing a medical treatment or undertaking a medical consultation