You are here:
Embassy of Switzerland
The mobile biometric station will be next present in Dublin for some days in spring, from Monday, 28 April 2014, and again in late autumn from Monday, 10 November 2014.
Since the introduction of the biometric passport it has been necessary for applicants to attend in person. The mobile biometric passport station permits biometric data to be recorded for the issuing of Swiss identity documents (passports and/or identity) in the Swiss Embassy in Dublin.
If you like to take advantage of this opportunity, please contact the Regional Consular Centre London to book an appointment (+44 20 7616 6000, option 2 or email@example.com).
We hope this service is of assistance to you.
Relocation of our consular services
Since 1st May 2012, the consular services of this embassy have been transferred to the Regional Consular Centre in London:
- Inscription / announcement of departure at the Swiss representation
- Applications for passports and identity cards
- Civil status affairs (birth, marriage, divorce, etc.)
- Change of address
- Visas, etc.
Regional Consular Centre London
c/o Embassy of Switzerland in London
The purpose of relocating the consular services to the regional consular centres is to ensure the high quality and efficiency of our service and that it is adapted to meet the needs of Swiss citizens living or on temporary stays abroad.
The reorganisation takes into account that nowadays most consular matters can be dealt with by post or e-mail. An increasing number of Swiss citizens communicate with the representations in this way. Only a few matters, such as recording biometric data for identity documents, require the applicant to be present in person.
The relocation of consular services will be combined with the following services:
- Creation of a helpline that is operational 365 days a year, 24 hours a day as of 1 May 2012.
Tel.: +41 800 24 7 365
The FDFA Helpline and its services
- Possibility of obtaining biometrical data in Switzerland from cantonal passport offices or from another Swiss representation abroad that provides consular services. Please note that the request for an identity document must first be addressed to the representation responsible for your place of residence.
- In the context of events abroad bringing together a large number of the Swiss community, possibility to use mobile devices to record biometric data
- Co-operation with other member states of the Schengen area on visa matters