You are here:
Visiting Hours for Consular Affairs
The Embassy in D.C. offers consular and legal services for the following U.S. states (area of Consular Jurisdiction): District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Delaware and U.S. territories without Swiss representation.
Find representations in other areas:
Representations in the United States of America
Ambassador Manuel Sager was interviewed by Dennis Wholey, host of the PBS series “This is America and the World”.
Watch interview on YouTube.
Swiss Foreign Direct Investment in the United States Report 2012
(Based on the most current business activities of Swiss affiliates reported to the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA))
How Swiss Investors Create Jobs and Growth in the U.S.
Switzerland was the largest foreign direct investor in the U.S. in 2010 (in absolute dollar terms) and is among the largest direct investors in the U.S. overall.
Swiss investors include agribusiness (Syngenta), financial and insurance (Swiss Re Group, UBS, Zurich American Insurance Company–Farmers Group), flavors and fragrances, food manufacturing (Nestlé), manufacturing and electronics (ABB, Holcim, Schindler Group and many more), pharmaceutical and medicine (Novartis Group, Roche Holding Group–Genentech), business process management services (Swiss Post Solutions).
- Swiss cumulative investment in the U.S. is $212 billion with $57 billion value added and $9.1 billion spent on research and development.
- Swiss affiliates support 430,000 jobs in all 50 states.
- Having added 41,000 jobs, Switzerland is the only nation among the top foreign investors that added new jobs during the global economic crisis.
- At $3.6 billion, Swiss companies pay the second highest amount in income taxes of foreign-owned companies in the U.S.
- States with Swiss companies providing the greatest number of jobs: CA, NY, NJ, TX
ThinkSwiss is your opportunity to get involved with Switzerland. ThinkSwiss is an official program of the Swiss Confederation — promoting exchanges and sharing knowledge between the U.S. and Switzerland. Join us for events, exhibits, and exchange opportunities online and around the U.S.