The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Armenian Scholars are aimed at young researchers from Armenia who have completed a master’s degree or PhD. All disciplines taught in the mentioned Universities are accepted, except artistic disciplines.
The Scholarship Program enables selected applicants to pursue:
- Research Scholarships
- PhD Scholarships
- Postdoctoral Scholarships
The program includes the following universities and educational institutions:
- University of Basel, University of Bern, University of Fribourg, University of Geneva, University of Lausanne, University of Lucerne, University of Neuchâtel, University of St. Gallen, University of Zurich, Università della Svizzera italiana
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL), Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETHZ), Research Institutes of the ETH Domain (PSI; WSL; EMPA; EAWAG)
- Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID)
- University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland, Bern University of Applied Sciences, University of Applied Sciences Northwest Switzerland, University of applied Sciences Eastern Switzerland, Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland, The Zürcher Fachhochschule
- Universities of teacher education
Before applying for the scholarship program it is necessary to get acquainted with the program's requirements.
To apply, complete the pre-application form, after which the Embassy will contact you and provide the information and full application package of the relevant program.
The pre-application form also includes the question about the duration of the program, so it is necessary to select the educational institution beforehand and exactly know the duration of the program.
The complete application package also includes a letter from an academic host professor at the chosen Swiss university confirming why she/he is willing to supervise and support the study and/or research.
By filling the pre-application form, you will also be registered for the information day in September, which will be dedicated to the application process of the scholarship program.
Research Scholarships & PhD Scholarships:
- Date of birth after 31 December 1984
- Master degree or equivalent achieved before 31 July 2020 (degree certificate)
- PhD degree achieved after 31 December 2016 and before 31 July 2020 (PhD degree certificate)
- Not more than 3 years after the award of the PhD. No funding for sabbaticals.
This scholarship primarily offers an opportunity to scholars who have not already been to Switzerland. Scholarship applicants may not be resident in Switzerland since more than one year when they start their grant next September. Otherwise, they are not eligible applicants.
The scholarship is valid only for full time studies or research in Switzerland. It is not compatible with fieldtrips outside Switzerland. Therefore no possibility and no funding for fieldwork.
Pre-application form – 02.08.2019
Complete paper application - 15.11.2019
Embassy of Switzerland in Armenia
Melik-Adamyan Street 2/1, 0010 Yerevan
Tel: +374 10 52 98 60