Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Increasing the quality of trainings and activities of rapid response units
Criminal violence and terrorism have become a fast developing international phenomenon affecting also the Czech Republic. The goal of the project is an increased personal and property security through professionally prepared and performing public order and rapid response units of the Police Presidium of the Czech Republic.
Accroître la sécurité publique
Lutte contre la corruption et le crime organisé
- Police of the Czech Republic, Directorate of Public Order Service (DPOPS)
- The performed exercices/trainings demonstrated increased speed and capabilities of the policemen in interventions to restore internal order or against perpetrators of crimes.
- The officers are able to make rapid progress in dealing with critical situations thanks to the functional new multifunctional training equipment (simulator).
- The standard of training of Public Order and Rapid Response Units improved.
- Guidelines for managing the simulator are available and ensure basic methodological and safety procedures.
- 30 operators were trained in order to secure the operationand maintenance of the simulator.
- 220 members of public order and rapid response units were trained during two cooperative training exercises.
- National State Institute North
Criminal violence and terrorism have become a fast developing international phenomenon affecting also the Czech Republic. The organised crime groups are well resourced and organised, have strong international ties and are highly flexible. There has been a growth in criminal aggressiveness and, consequently, of the threat of lives and health of the intervening policemen. Increasing the efficiency of rapid response units would better protect their lives and reduce disparities with more advanced countries of the enlarged EU.
The goal of the project is an increased citizens’ personal and property security and democratic stability through the re-establishment of public order with effectively executed interventions against organised crime, including terrorism in the Czech Republic. The specific objectives of the project are professionally performing and prepared public order and rapid response units of the Police Presidium of the Czech Republic through the use of training equipment which simulates the environment for interventions to restore internal order at heights and over free depths.
(i): the tender, supply and installation of a simulator (multifunctional training equipment) for the Directorate of Public Order Police Service of the Czech Police Presidium including the training of about 30 trainers and operators; (ii): the preparation and publication of about 30 Training Guidelines for managing the simulator and (iii): the organisation and implementation of a cooperative training exercise for about 200 members of public order and rapid response units including an introduction to and training with the simulator.
|Direction/office fédéral responsable||
Contribution suisse à l'UE élargie
|Partenaire de projet||
Institution étatique étrangère
|Budget||Phase en cours Budget de la Suisse CHF 581'757 Budget suisse déjà attribué CHF 581'757|
|Phases du projet||
Phase 1 01.06.2012 - 31.12.2016 (Completed)