Visarequirements for residents in Denmark

Third state members in possesion of both a valid passport as well as a valid Danish residence permit or travel document as listed below are exempt from visa requirements for a maximum stay of 3 months within a 6 month period if they return to Denmark after the trip. However, if they work in Switzerland, the registration with the Cantonal Migrationf Office is required.

  • Residence permit on an individual card (opholdskort or opholdstilladelse):
    A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, J, K and L
  • Residence permit on a sticker in the passport (opholdstilladelse or arbejdstilladelse):
    B, C, D and H
  • Stickers issued by the Royal Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs (for Diplomats and their family members):
    E (Diplomatisk visering)
    F (Opholdstilladelse)
    S (in combination with sticker E or F)
    Please see also list of Residence Permits Issued by Schengen States.

Please note that the stickers are only valid as long as the assignment in Denmark lasts!

The alien’s passport (Fremmedpas), issued by the Danish authorities, is considered as a travel document.

A Fremmedpas in combination with a valid residence permit (see above) allows the holder to enter Switzerland without a visa for a maximum stay of 3 month (90 days) for tourism, business or visit purposes.