Public Transport Project Beroun
In the city of Beroun, which is situated on rail line between Prague and Plzeň, the primary train and bus stations are separated by approximately 1 km which is highlighted as a weak point in the municipal and regional transport system. The aim of the project is to improve the interchange opportunities between bus- and train services. These concern the passenger facilities at the railway station, the spatial separation between the railway station and the current bus terminal and the accessibility of the train station by bicycle, taxi and private car.
Protecting the environment
- Construction of access roads and footpaths to the bus station
- Improvements to the bus station
- Improvements of the railway station building
- The public transport infrastructure in the covered area of Beroun is enhanced and the safety of interchanging pas-sengers is improved
- The bus- and rail services are spatially integrated.
- The new bus terminal next to the rail way station is constructed
- The short interchange between rail and bus services takes the needs of people with reduced mobility into account.
- Increase of public transport users of 10% to 660’000 passengers/year.
- Reduction of noise and atmospheric emissions.
- Czech Ministry of Finance
The project’s overall objective is to improve the quality of public transport in the city of Beroun by more efficiently integrating bus and railway transport by creating a multimodal transport system.
The goal of the projects is to improve the public transport infrastructure in the city of Beroun and its adjacent area by providing a combined train- and bus terminal.
Direct beneficiaries include the municipality of Beroun which will be supported to improve their public transport infrastructure. The expected approximately 660’000 public transport us-ers per year will experience a step-change in comfort and shorter overall journey times. People with reduced mobility will particularly benefit from better access.
|Directorate/federal office responsible||
Swiss Contribution to the enlarged EU
Municipality of Beroun
|Budget||Current phase Swiss budget CHF 2’645’833 Swiss disbursement to date CHF 2’430’646|
Phase 1 01.04.2011 - 31.01.2017 (Completed)