Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
The Fund for Non-Governmental Organisations under the Swiss - Polish Cooperation Programme – NGO Block Grant (Phase 2)
The NGO Block Grant contributes to the strengthening of civic participation in Poland, in order to support the role of the civil society as an important factor of the social and economic cohesion in the country. Active and competent NGOs can facilitate and increase the engagement and participation of citizens and contribute to the social cohesion.
- The Block Grant will allow to enhance civic participation in Poland, therby strenthening the civil society in Poland as an important participant in improving the social and economic cohesion of the country.
- The Block Grant will also be an opportunity for small and local organisations which are often neglected.
- 500 project proposal analized
- Monitoring of 50 projects granted the assistance
- Regular reporting about the progress of the Grant implementation to the NCU/SDC
- General administration of the Fund and Control of the financial flow and the good use of financial contributions
- National State Institute North
The Polish NGO sector counts about 73’000 entities of different legal forms (mainly associations and foundations). After a peak in the early 90ies, the sector lost steam and the number particularly of young organizations has decreased.
One hypothesis for this change of dynamics is a decreasing engagement of citizens in civil activities. The scale and tempo of young organizations dropping out is worrying and can be understood as a symptom of difficult conditions in which new entities begin their activity.
This situation confirms the opinion that in order to be able to play the expected important role in the public life and in fostering social and economic development particularly small and young organizations need additional institutional support in order to survive the first and the hardest years of their activity.
The first calls of this program in 2011 showed an overwhelming interest on the side of the NGOs and resulted in a high number of interesting proposals of good quality. This encouraging response initiated a second phase.
Schweizer Beitrag an die erweiterte EU
|Budget||Laufende Phase Schweizer Beitrag CHF 8’976’153 Bereits ausgegebenes Schweizer Budget CHF 8’939’716|
Phase 2 01.04.2012 - 31.03.2016 (Active)Phase 1 01.12.2009 - 31.03.2016 (Active)