Reducing the Prevalence and Impact of Violence in Western Equatoria
Nonviolent Peaceforce’s (NP) intervention in Mundri County, Western Equatoria State is aimed at reducing the prevalence and impact of violence. Key activities will include conducting patrols in risky areas, protective accompaniments, advocacy, conducting trainings workshops, awareness raising activities etc. Through this intervention, Switzerland contributes to creating sustainable grassroots-led peaceful solutions to conflict, promotion of Human Rights, SGBV prevention and response among conflict affected communities.
Soudan du Sud
Conflit & fragilité
Violence sexuelle & sexiste
Prévention des conflits
- Strengthen the community protection and conflict management mechanisms to mitigate and prevent violence.
- Increase safety and security of civilians at imminent risk of violence.
- Prevent and reduce the incidence and impact of GBV.
- Promote youth participation in conflict management and peacebuilding initiatives.
- Improve protection mainstreaming, advocacy and coordination in humanitarian response.
- Early Warning and Early Response assessments and trainings conducted in high-risk communities;
- Deterrent patrolling and protective presence conducted in high risk areas;
- Community dialogue and mediation in conflict facilitated;
- GBV prevention strategies set up, referral pathways for survivors established and strengthened;
- 250 presence/patrol activities conducted;
- 561 community members trained on Unarmed Civilian Protection & Early Warning and Early Response;
- 5 Women Protection Teams (WPTs) and community based protection groups established, capacitated and fully functional;
- 10 dialogue mediation processes supported.
- Over 9’000 individuals reached through GBV awareness messages;
- 1 referral pathway established;
- Contacts successfully established and relationships and trust with key conflict actors in Mundri built up.
- Other international or foreign NGO North
|Contexte||Since the outbreak of the conflict in July 2016 Mundri has been heavily contested by both Government and Opposition forces. To date continued skirmishes by the conflict parties continue to threaten civilian safety and cause constant displacement of populations. Deliberate attacks on civilians, sexual violence, killings, arbitrary arrests and denial of freedom of movement by armed actors are a major protection concern. Humanitarian access remains a big challenge due to insecurity.|
|Objectifs||To reduce the prevalence and impact of violence in Western Equatoria, South Sudan through strengthened local capacities in protection and improved violence prevention and response.|
|Groupes cibles||IDPs, host community, humanitarian community and local authorities|
|Effets à moyen terme||
Principaux résultats attendus:
Principaux résultats antérieurs:
|Direction/office fédéral responsable||
|Partenaire de projet||
|Coordination avec d'autres projets et acteurs||South Sudan Protection Cluster, NGOs, local government, OCHA|
|Budget||Phase en cours Budget de la Suisse CHF 1'300'000 Budget suisse déjà attribué CHF 658'750 Projet total depuis la première phase Budget de la Suisse CHF 1'263'000 Budget y compris partenaires de projet CHF 2'563'000|