South Sudan, MEDAIR: Refugees Maban
The Yusuf Batil Camp is the second largest refugee camp in the Maban County, with a population of 40’648. With only a few small villages in the area and low government capacities, refugees depend on United Nations and Non-Governmental Organisation partners to provide all essential services such as water, sanitation and health care.
Sudan del Sud
Acqua potabile e strutture igieniche elementari (WASH) (til 2016)
- 40’648 refugees in the Yusuf Batil Camp.
- 5’000 host community members.
- Provide safe water supply for refugees.
- Provide access to sanitation facilities for refugees.
- Promote hygiene behaviour change, community participation and ownership of water and sanitation provisions for refugees.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of a water distribution network.
- Construction of shared family latrines.
- Provide access to safe drinking water to schools in the camp.
- Technical advice, capacity building and health promotion.
- Commission for Refugee Affairs
- UNHCR, WHO, UNICEF, WFP
- Maban County Commissioner
- Other NGOs
South Sudan currently hosts 265’770 refugees, the majority coming from Sudan (Southern Kordofan and blue Nile State) and now residing mainly in Upper Nile and Unity States. These States are two of the areas most affected by violence and displacement. The host communities have experienced multiple displacements themselves and therefore have limited capacities to support the refugees entering from Sudan. With the ongoing armed conflict in Blue Nile State and in South Sudan, the refugees find themselves in a protracted emergency situation.
Contribute to the prevention of excess morbidity and mortality of refugees in Yusuf Batil Camp and other vulnerable populations in Maban County.
|Effetti a medio termine||
Reduce morbidity from water-related diseases through improved access to essential WASH services.
Risultati principali attesi:
Risultati fasi precedenti:
|Partner del progetto||
Organizzazione svizzera senza scopo di lucro
Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (BPRM), Tearfund Belgium, ECHO
|Coordinamento con altri progetti e attori||
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 400'000 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 400'000 Progetto totale dalla prima fase Budget Svizzera CHF 900'000|
|Fasi del progetto||
Fase 3 01.03.2016 - 31.12.2016 (Completed)Fase 1 01.03.2014 - 31.05.2015 (Completed)