- Organisations, institutions, networks and individuals working in the creative and culture sectors. This includes artists, cultural actors, higher education institutions, local authorities, NGOs and social enterprises.
- Applicant/s must be active in the cultural and creative industries and be able to demonstrate that they have the necessary experience and capacity to manage activities and/or projects for the promotion of arts and culture in Tanzania.
- Applicants must be citizens or residents of Tanzania.
- Proposed projects cover topics with an anti-corruption theme expressed through performing arts (dance, theatre, music), media arts (film, photography) and visual arts (drawing, paintings).
Non Eligible Activities and Projects:
- Travel or study for professional development
- Projects whose main focus is academic and/or academic research
- Procurement of equipment/assets of the organization
- Quality and outreach of proposal.
- Projects have a regional or national scope, e.g. tours and roadshows for wider outreach as well as participation of a diverse group of people, including those in rural areas.
- Projects that engage women, youth and underserved communities.
- All projects proposed to be funded have an implementation calendar of a maximum of 12 months.
- The total budget of the call is USD 80’000. The Embassy of Switzerland is seeking to support 4 to 8 initiatives between US $10’000 and US $20’000.
- Grants shall cover no more than 80% of the total estimated budget.
- Another source of funding (self or co-funding; financial or in kind) has been identified and preferably confirmed, covering at least 20% of the total estimated budget.
- No more than 30 % of the award may be used for administrative and wage costs, as long as these are directly linked to the project.
The deadline for submitting a proposal (in English) is February 17, 2017 at 1600hrs EAT. Proposals shall be submitted in soft copy by email to email@example.com in Adobe PDF (recommended) or Microsoft Word format with subject line ‘Call for Proposals – Fighting Corruption through the Arts’. Proposal format can be downloaded here