Seven Swiss design studios have partnered with seven specialist industrial manufacturers, each with niche knowledge of a particular field, for 'In-between: The Utopia of the Neutral' – a project, curated by Giovanna Lisignoli that reflects upon cultural identity, design tradition and exchange of knowledge. It’s an interpretation that draws on Switzerland’s traditions of political neutrality and Swiss design history, and has led to experimental collaborations that demand speculation, fluidity and dialogue.
Supported by Pro Helvetia, Presence Switzerland and manufacturing partners.
- Kueng Caputo, Sarah Kueng & Lovis Caputo with De Cavis AG, Duebendorf
- Adrien Rovero with Schott Suisse SA, Yverdon
- Dimitri Baehler in collaboration with ‘Movement’, Biel, with North Thin Ply Technology, Penthalaz-Cossonay and support from Simpex Electronics AG, Wetzikon
- Stéphanie Baechler with Meroz Ressorts S.A., Chêne-Bourg
- Sibylle Stoeckli with Saurer (Embroidery), Arbon
- Plueersmitt, Dominic Plueer & Olivier Smitt with Novaswiss, Nova Werke AG, Effretikon
- Joerg Boner with Becomp, Fribourg