Deed Poll (Change of Name)

Changes of name in the UK must be registered by providing an original Deed Poll. The document must be signed by a notary public and the notary's signature certified by Apostille by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office.  The original document must be sent to the Regional Consular Centre in London, to­gether with proof that the new name is effectively accepted in the United Kingdom (e.g. British passport). 

Foreign & Commonwealth Office