Support to the mandate of the UN Special Rapporteur on the right to education
Contribution to the mandate of the UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Education to support the Special Rapporteur’s work in the monitoring of and advocacy for the right to education in general and the with regards to exclusion and discrimination as well as governance and financing of education in particular.
- To report on the status, throughout the world, of the progressive realization of the right to education, and the difficulties encountered in the implementation of this right
- To promote assistance to Governments in working out and adopting plans of action to secure the progressive implementation of the right to education
- To intensify efforts aimed at identifying ways and means to overcome obstacles and difficulties in the realization of the right to education
- Report on discrimination/exclusion to be presented to the Human Rights Council and to be disseminated and presented to different events and meetings thereafter.
- Position paper from a gender perspective in relation to the World Bank Report on Education
- Documentary film for the General Assembly on coordinated global financing of education, including short videos of testimony.
- Report on the engagement with global education financing processes
|Hintergrund||More than 264 million children are not in school. This despite the fact that every country but the United States has ratified the Convention on the Rights of the Child, and the Convention on Economic, Social and Cultural rights. These conventions give a legal right to all children to universal, free, quality education. The United Nations Special Rapporteur on the right to education is an independent expert appointed by the Human Rights Council to examine and report the human rights theme of education.|
The UN SR’s overall goal is:
|Zielgruppen||Countries, International Community, Civil Society Organizations, Donors etc.|
Outcome 1: Systematic discrimination and exclusion of certain segments of the population of the right to education are addressed
Outcome 2: Governance and innovative and sustainable financing for education are identified
In relation to oucome 1:
In relation to outcome 2:
Resultate von früheren Phasen: n/a
|Koordination mit anderen Projekten und Akteuren||Open Society Foundations, Governments of Netherland, Ivory Coast, Qatar|
|Budget||Laufende Phase Schweizer Beitrag CHF 0 Bereits ausgegebenes Schweizer Budget CHF 0|
Phase 1 15.11.2017 - 14.11.2019 (Completed)