AsDF: Replenishment of the Asian Development Fund (AsDF-12)
Switzerland will support with CHF 28 million the 11th replenishment of the Asian Development Fund (AsDF). The projects financed by the AsDF contribute to reducing poverty and improving living conditions of people in the poorest regions in Asia and countries most affected by natural disasters and conflict situations. With this participation in the AsDF, Switzerland contributes to the achievement of the agenda 2030 for sustainable development and the implementation of the agenda from the climate change conference (COP21) in Paris.
Nicht spezifizierter Sektor
- contribute to an international framework corresponding to global challenges
- creating access for all to resources and services
- promoting sustainable economic growth
- support institutions serving society and the economy
- strengthen gender equality
- Increase of AsDB’s organizational effectiveness through increased AsDB financial solidity and a decentralization of competences to AsDB Resident Missions.
- Strengthened quality of AsDB’s work on governance and anti-corruption issues.
- AsDB further enhanced its climate change mitigation and adaptation support.
- Switzerland played an important role in committing the AsDB to strengthen is technical expertise and resources to mainstream conflict sensitivity in its operations in AsDF-12 and strengthen disaster risk reduction.
- foster inclusive growth in developing countries of the Asia-Pacific region
- improve further its organizational effectiveness
- enhance climate and disaster-related resilience in developing countries of Asia and the Pacific
- strenghten private sector development in developing countries
- maintain financial solidity and sustainability
- Further improve the way the AsDB measures and implements inclusive growth through its operations
- Quality and sustainability of AsDB projects
- AsDB’s capacity to support renewable energy and efficiency, disaster risk management and climate resilient urban development
- Promote conflict-sensitivity in AsDB operations and policies
- Sound financial management of AsDB resources
- Asiatische Entwicklungsbank (Fund)
The Asian Development Bank (AsDB) is one of the priority multilateral organization supported by Switzerland. The mission of the AsDB is to help developing countries in Asia and the Pacific to reduce poverty and improve the quality of life of their people through inclusive and environmentally sustainable growth and regional integration. The Asian Development Fund provides non reimbursable grants and technical assistance to its poorer member countries. Economically more developed countries can apply for repayable loans at very low or higher interest rates that are covered by the AsDB’s capital resources. To avoid depletion, the AsDF needs to be replenished on a regular basis, every four years.
|Strategische Schwerpunkte der Schweiz und der Organisation und deren Kohärenz||
AsDB’s objectives are fully consistent with Switzerland’s core mandate for development cooperation of - poverty reduction and the following strategic objectives for the Swiss development cooperation between 2017-2020:
|Resultate des Engagement der Organisation der vorangehenden Phase||
The Asia-Pacific region has made remarkable progress in recent decades in terms of economic and social development. The AsDB, including through AsDF has played a substantial role in helping its developing member countries achieve these results.The AsDB promoted environmentally sustainable growth and improved its development effectiveness overall.
|Resultate des Schweizer Engagement der vorangehenden Phase||
|Mittelfristige Wirkung des gegenwärtigen Engagements der Organisation||
Switzerland will support and follow in particular AsDB’s efforts to:
|Mittelfristige Wirkung des gegenwärtigen Engagements der Schweiz||
Switzerland will through its engagement with the AsDF contribute to and monitor closely the following specific objectives:
Internationale Finanzinstitution (IFI)
|Budget||Laufende Phase Schweizer Beitrag CHF 28'028'866 Bereits ausgegebenes Schweizer Budget CHF 13'279'178|
|Platz der Schweiz auf der Rangliste der Grösse der Geberbeiträge||
Switzerland is the 12th largest donor of the AsDF
|Koordination mit anderen Projekten und Akteuren||
Switzerland is in a constituency composed by France and Italy as lead countries together with Belgium, Portugal and Spain. Switzerland has the 3rd largest share of capital within this 6 country constituency.
The 3 constituencies representing the European member countries and Canada have an arrangement to issue joint board positions on project- and program- related board items. For policy related items joint statements are elaborated on a case by case basis.
|Projektphasen||Phase 10 01.04.2017 - 31.12.2026 (Laufende Phase) Phase 9 01.01.2013 - 31.12.2021 (Laufende Phase)|