Health is a human right. However, around 400 million people do not have access to healthcare. Health is a priority issue for Swiss development.
Theme: Health, a forgotten human right
Health is a priority issue for Swiss development cooperation because it contributes substantially to social security, peace and economic stability. Health is a human right. However, around 400 million people do not have access to healthcare – mainly in developing countries.
Good healthcare is about more than having access to the right medication and being treated by qualified staff when you fall ill. Preventing people from getting sick through training, information and awareness raising is just as important. The 2015 Annual Conference of Swiss Development Cooperation will offer an insight into the work being done by Switzerland, with real-life examples and speakers from a number of countries.
- Annual Conference of Swiss Development Cooperation
- Flyer „Health – A priority for the SDC“
- SDC Health Policy
- Report on effectiveness 2015 – Health Wirkungsbericht 2015: Schweizer Entwicklungszusammenarbeit im Bereich Gesundheit 2000-2013
Rapport sur l'efficacité 2015 : La coopération suisse au développement dans le domaine de la santé 2000-2013
Rapporto d'efficacia 2015 : La cooperazione internazionale della Svizzera nel settore della sanità 2000-2013
- Swiss health foreign policy
- Health promotion and systems strengthening (HPSS)
- Medicines for Malaria venture (MMV)
- Youth-friendly health services (YFHS)
- The SDC’s commitment to public-private partnerships