Backstopping Mandate for Water
The backstopping mandate (BSM) for water contributes to the improved sustainability of SDC’s and its partners’ interventions in the water sector. It complements SDC’s internal capacities and competencies and empowers key stakeholders. The BSM for water mainly supports the Global Programme Water Initiatives (GPWI), and its work is thus aligned on its 2013-2017 strategic framework.
Agricultura y seguridad alimentaria
Agua potable y saneamiento básico (WASH) (til 2016)
Preservación de los recursos hídricos
Recursos hídricos agrícolas
- Attain that water security (as defined by the UN) is at the frontline of the priorities of the international development agenda.
- Influence the global policy dialogue on IWRM;
- Influence at the global level for improved, equitable access to basic water and sanitation services and efficient use of water for agriculture;
- Sector, and in particular SDC's and its partners’, experiences/knowledge are capitalized.
- Strategic cooperations, networks and partnerships (SWP, RésEAU, AGUASAN) are facilitated and anchor Swiss/SDC’s sector knowledge.
- Support and analysis of project experiences.
- Specific services on demand to the GPWI, SDC and its partners are provided through advisory, counselling and tailor-made support services.
- Hot themes are taken up by developing innovative ways for mainstreaming new topics, ideas, approaches and methodologies.
- Capitalisation, experiences analysis and sector documentation (e.g. maintaining and improving shareweb, SDC Water Portfolio Analysis, review and commenting on various GPWI reports).
- Knowledge sharing and networking (Preparation, facilitation and documentation of GPWI reviews; thematic and methodological support to the RésEAU; conceptualisation, organisation, facilitation and reporting of various events such as the Water team days and AGUASAN meetings; support services to the Swiss Networks and Partnerships, such as the Swiss Water Partnership).
- Provision of services on demand.
- Sector privado suizo
Water-related issues play a key role in SDC’s drive to achieve its overall goal of poverty reduction and sustainable development. Since 1996, the BSM contributes to improved sustainability of the SDC’s and its partners’ interventions in the water sector, as well as to increased capacities of all key stakeholders in the Swiss sector. In this phase, the BSM Water & Sanitation (W&S) (7F-03888.08) and Water for Food (7F-03835.04; running since 2004) are merged under one unique BSM in order to increase efficiency and favour synergies.
The BSM provides the professional services in support of the GPWI needed to further SDC’s drive to promote the realization of a water-secure world as defined by the UN. It is geared towards the achievement of the GPWI objectives 2013-2017, being to:
Maintain and strengthen the know-how of Swiss players active in the water sector and mobilize them to position Switzerland at the forefront of the international water challenges.
SDC (GPWI and RésEAU) and its partners.
|Efectos a medio plazo||
Resultados de las fases anteriores:
|Dirección / Officina Federal responsable||
Cooperación al desarrollo
|Contrapartes del proyecto||
Contraparte del contrato
|Presupuesto||Fase en curso Presupuesto suizo CHF 1'946'000 Presupuesto actual suizo ya emitido CHF 1'568'292|
|Fases del proyecto||
(Fase en curso)
Fase 8 01.02.2015 - 31.05.2018 (Completed)Fase 7 01.01.2012 - 31.12.2014 (Completed)