Swiss Programme for Research on Global Issues for Development - Research Module on Employment
SDC and the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) are offering a new long-term funding scheme for development-relevant research on global issues (www.r4d.ch). The main focus lies on the generation of new insights and solutions as well as on the application of research results into policy and practice through partnership projects between researchers from Switzerland and from developing countries. The overall r4d.ch program consists of five thematic modules and a module for thematically open research. The second module focuses on employment in the context of sustainable development.
Impiego & sviluppo economico
Conflitto & fragilitá
Canbiamento climatico ed ambiente
Conflict prevention and transformation
Creazione di occupazione
Prevenzione dei conflitti
Protezione della biosfera
- Research community in Switzerland and developing countries.
- Relevant stakeholders, which act to cause, facilitate, or prevent change in the field of employment at various scales.
- Beneficiaries: societies in development countries; poor, marginalized, vulnerable population groups.
- Scientific evidence and research based solutions are available regarding the following three key topics: the conditions and dynamics of employment; the social, economic and environmental effects of employment; the risks and chances of globalisation for employment.
- National and international stakeholders are informed of the nature of the problems, trade-offs, and options for tackling and solving employment related problems in a more integrated manner, and make use of the provided evidence and tools.
- Scientific competencies and expertise in dealing with the complexity of employment-related, globally relevant issues for the benefit of poor countries are increased.
- Fondo nazionale svizzero per la ricerca scientifica
Geopolitical and economic transformation as well as global risks, crises, and uncertainties challenge the international community. Increasing international cooperation on global issues is seen as a way forward. Research and innovation play a key role in the effort to solve global problems and are among key drivers for an inclusive, climate-friendly societal transformation.
Research contributes to solving employment related problems in poor countries within the normative and conceptual framework of global sustainable development.
|Effetti a medio termine||
With a focus on employment in the context of sustainable development the objectives are:
Risultati fasi precedenti:
The first thematic research module on social conflicts was launched in June 2012. It is too early to draw any conclusions. Nevertheless, SDC and the SNSF can build upon a successful partnership over the last 20 years.
Cooperazione allo sviluppo
|Partner del progetto||
Instituzione universitaria e di ricerca svizzera
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 16’110’000 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 16’100’000|
|Fasi del progetto||Fase 5 01.06.2014 - 31.12.2023 (Fase in corso) Fase 4 15.05.2013 - 31.12.2023 (Fase in corso) Fase 3 15.05.2013 - 31.12.2023 (Fase in corso) Fase 2 01.09.2012 - 31.12.2023 (Fase in corso) Fase 1 01.03.2012 - 31.12.2023 (Fase in corso)|