International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF)
Sexual and reproductive health and rights are essential for social and economic development. Only 76% of women of reproductive age have their need for modern contraception satisfied. The International Planned Parenthood Federation a leading global advocacy organization whose member organizations in over 165 countries provide sexual and reproductive health services at local level and context-specific policy solutions that mainly benefit the poor and vulnerable.
Salute e diritti riproduttivi
Malattie sessualmente trasmissibili, HIV/AIDS inclusi
Diritti dell'uomo (diritti delle donne inclusi)
- Other international or foreign NGO North
|Contesto||Despite progress and efforts to deliver sexual and reproductive health services and guarantee the related rights, significant gaps remain. According to the UN, still 214 million women lack access to modern contraceptives. 25 million unsafe abortions take place each year. Over 800 women die each day from complications related to pregnancy and childbirth 1 in 3 women have been subjected to violence. Despite considerable needs, some social, cultural and religious norms and beliefs hinder the full use of available evidence to advance policies and programmes for sexual and reproductive health and rights.|
|Obiettivi||All people are free to make choices about their sexuality and wellbeing, in a world without discrimination.|
|Gruppi target||Through the work of IPPF Member Associations and collaborative partners, IPPF reaches populations in 165 countries, with a particular focus on poor and vulnerable people, on women and girls and on young people. And through its advocacy engagement at the global and regional level IPPF can even reach a larger population. 8 out of 10 IPPF service users are poor and vulnerable.|
|Effetti a medio termine||
Through its strategic framework 2016-22, IPPF will contribute to the following outcomes:
1. By 2022, 100 governments will respect, protect and fulfil sexual and reproductive rights and equality.
2. By 2022, one billion people will act freely on their sexual and reproductive health and rights.
3. By 2022, IPPF and our partners will deliver two billion quality, integrated sexual and reproductive health services.
4. By 2022, IPPF will be a high performing, accountable and united Federation
Risultati principali attesi:
· Over 584 million sexual and reproductive health services delivered, 45% of these will be for young people.
· 99.6 million young people have completed a quality-assured comprehensive sexuality education programme.
· Estimated 35 million unintended pregnancies and 10.8 million unsafe abortions averted
· Estimated 17.7 million clients with SRH services in humanitarian settings reached through the Federation.
- 450 successful policy initiatives and/or legislative changes in support of sexual and reproductive health and rights to which IPPF advocacy contributed
Risultati fasi precedenti:
During the period 2016-2018, IPPF has:
- Contributed to 484 successful policy initiatives and/or legislative changes in support or defense of sexual and reproductive health and rights and gender equality to which IPPF advocacy
- Ensured that over 90 million young people completed a quality-assured comprehensive sexuality education programme
- Reached an estimated 495 million people with positive messages on sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Provided a total of 477 million health services in areas such as contraception, safe abortion, sexual and gender-based violence or sexually transmitted infections including HIV/AIDS.
- Contributed to over 18 million first-time users of modern contraceptives.
- Established, with support from Switzerland, a permanent IPPF office in international Geneva which contributed to intensify its advocacy work in Geneva in the area of health, human rights and humanitarian aid and thus contributed to strengthen CSO voices in global health governance,
- In 2019, IPPF has undergone major governance and resource allocation reforms to become more transparent and accountable.
Cooperazione allo sviluppo
|Partner del progetto||
ONG internazionale o straniera
|Coordinamento con altri progetti e attori||SDC multilateral and bilateral programmes in the area of health, incl. the Human Reproduction Programme (HRP).|
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 7’200’000 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 4’399’250|
|Fasi del progetto||Fase 11 01.01.2020 - 31.12.2022 (Fase in corso) Fase 10 01.01.2016 - 31.12.2019 (Completed) Fase 9 01.01.2013 - 31.12.2015 (Completed)|