Public Transport Project Uhersky Brod
The current state of Uhersky Brod’s railway station and its vicinity reflects prevailing attitudes in the second half of the 20th century, when hardly any investment was directed towards public transport. The current traffic situation within the project perimeter is characterised by uncoordinated passenger movements in front of the railway station and an increased collision risk between pedestrians and road vehicles. The project aims to improve the quality of public transport in the city of Uhersky Brod by more efficiently integrating buses and railway transport by creating a multimodal transport system.
- Construction of sheltered bus platforms
- Reconstruction of the station building
- Construction of parking lots
- The bus- and rail services are spatially integrated.
- The new bus terminal next to the rail way is constructed
- The short interchange between rail and bus services takes the needs of people with reduced mobility into account.
- Bike-and-ride and park-and-ride spaces, providing short-term and long-term parking, are constructed
- The layout and visual appearance of the area round the railway station is improved
- 24 bus stops in Uhersky Brod are reconstructed
- Reduction of accidents of pedestrians in the vicinity of the railway station.
- Increase of number of public transport users.
- Reduction of noise and atmospheric emissions.
- Czech Ministry of Finance
The overall project objective is to improve the interchange opportunities between bus- and train services. These concern the passenger facilities at the railway station, the spatial separation between the railway station and the current bus terminal and the accessibility of the train station by bicycle, taxi and private car. Consequently, the project’s primary objective is to integrate train- and bus services at the site of Uhersky Brod’s railway station by constructing a modern interchange.
The goal of the project is to renew and improve the existing railway- and bus station infrastructure in order to foster public transport patronage.
The direct beneficiaries are the Uherský Brod municipality and the railway infrastructure administration of the Czech Railways. The indirect beneficiaries are the estimated yearly 3.2 million public transport customers that use the facilities at the railway station.
Schweizer Beitrag an die erweiterte EU
Municipality of Uherský Brod
|Budget||Laufende Phase Schweizer Beitrag CHF 5'520'758 Bereits ausgegebenes Schweizer Budget CHF 5'110'164|
Phase 1 01.04.2011 - 31.12.2016 (Completed)