Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Water Supply Rehabilitation Érd
Switzerland supports the rehabilitation of the main water pipelines and the introduction of a new control system and a modern pumping station in Érd with a contribution of CHF 5.821 million. This will improve the reliability of the water supply and reduce maintenance cost.
- To enable Érd to reliably supply the increasing water needs of local companies and residents (24/7, volume, pressure, quality).
- To prolong the lifetime of the network by additional 10-20 years.
- The city of Erd is able to reliably supply the increasing needs for water of good quality of local companies and residents.
- Erd has a new control system and a modern pumping station.
- Overall, 14.9 km of asbestos cement water pipes have been replaced by new ductile iron or plastic pipes.
- Reduced water losses (-17%) as well as maintenance and operating costs (-1.3%).
- Hungarian National Development Agency
The municipality of Érd town, in partnership with the ÉTV Ltd, a publicly owned company that operates the drinking water supply, strives to replace and to rehabilitate the principal water transportation main of the town as well as a limited number of sections in the network that are under-dimensioned. The transportation mains, city mains and household connections suffer from early aging due to the poor quality of the pipes, lack of care in the installation work and the insufficient bedding of the pipes.
The municipality of Érd, the drinking water supply operator ÉTV Ltd. that is owned by 11 municipalities (including Érd) as well as 115'000 inhabitants.
Rehabilitation of the main water pipelines, replacement of inadequate line sections, replacement of the control system, introducing a modern pumping station.
The project has been fully implemented. Thanks to considerable cost savings resulting from the public tendering precedure and exchange rate gains in local currency more activities than originally planned could be implemented, including the replacement of additional inadequate network sections. Consequenty, the expected results have been exceeded. As a result,
Schweizer Beitrag an die erweiterte EU
VÁTI Ltd and the municipality of Érd town
|Budget||Laufende Phase Schweizer Beitrag CHF 5'820'800 Bereits ausgegebenes Schweizer Budget CHF 5'500'490|
Phase 4 10.11.2010 - 31.05.2016 (Active)Phase 3 10.11.2010 - 30.11.2016 (Active) Phase 2 10.11.2010 - 31.05.2017 (Active) Phase 1 10.11.2010 - 30.04.2017 (Active)