Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Modernisation and addition to Senior Home, Bilovec
The project aims at providing a dignified environment for seniors in the “Home for senior citizens” in Bilovec by reconstructing 9 rooms, 3 common spaces and 12 sanitary facilities and by establishing 16 additional rooms. While qualified social workers will introduce modern methods of individualized work with residents, a new service (respite care) for 3 clients will be offered. Hence, social services of high quality will be provided to elderly people in need of assistance.
Improving social security
Social services for specific target groups
- Social workers
- Families of the clients
- Through reconstruction, extending the facility and new equipement, the services have been humanised with reduced number of beds per room, reduced number of users per one sanitary facility (number of users per facility reduced from 15 to 2.75), and new interior rooms and revitalized garden for recreactiv and therapeutic activities.
- Premises for respite services are operational and resulted in extension of social services.
- All 33 residents have barrier-free access to their rooms and other common space.
- 4 new methods of social work with seniors such as alternative communication, basal stimulation, relaxation therapy, and group activation (art, music and dance therapies) are available for all users of the facility and contributed to strengthening the quality of care.
- 12 employees have been trained to apply the new methods of social care.
- 1 job as social work methodologist was created and greatly support the training and continous training related to new care methods.
- The Executing Agency was active in sharing good practice and experience with other similar partners as well as with other institutions in the area of care for elderly people.
- National State Institute North
While the demographic trends indicate that the number of senior citizens will continue to grow rapidly, most institutions offering services for elderly people are characterized by inappropriate facilities, outdated equipment and work methods which do not correspond to the contemporary knowledge and best practices. This applies in particular to the disadvantaged regions in eastern Czech Republic, constituting the focus regions of the Swiss contribution. As a result, the social services delivered often do not respect appropriate standards and, thus, affect the quality of life of the residents of these institutions. The Home for Senior Citizens in Bilovec is characterized by an outdated infrastructure which does not permit to provide social services of high quality to its residents.
The goal of the project is to provide a dignified environment for seniors by setting up a comprehensive system of high quality social care services. This shall be achieved by the modernization and extension of the senior home as well as by introducing modern work methods which will improve the care services delivered to individual residents.
The project will finance the modernization and extension of the existing building through the construction of 16 new rooms and the renovation of 9 existing rooms, including the construction of en-suite bathrooms. Furthermore, 3 common rooms, a therapeutic room as well as barrier-free entrances and a garden will be constructed. The building will be thermally insulated (incl. new windows), and a new local waste water treatment plant will be installed. Finally, 12 employees of the Executing Agency will be trained in 4 new work methods (financed from the applicant’s own sources).
|Directorate/federal office responsible||
Swiss Contribution to the enlarged EU
Foreign state institution
|Budget||Current phase Swiss budget CHF 1'102'845 Swiss disbursement to date CHF 1'096'815|
Phase 1 01.04.2012 - 30.04.2017 (Completed)