Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Water Supply Rehabilitation Ózd
The control system for the water supply in the municipality of Ózd is antiquated. A district with 700 to 800 households are not connected to the central water supply network. Switzerland intends to change this situation by a project contribution of CHF 7.1 million. The aim is to ensure the same level of service standard in the entire municipality, to improve the water quality, and to reduce maintenance costs.
Protecting the environment
Drinking water supply
- To provide the same level of service (security of supply and quality) in the urban area of Ózd.
- To meet the current EU standards.
- To enable the water company to cover a part of the maintenance costs from the savings due to this project and also to invest the savings partly into the rehabilitation of the entire network even after this project is implemented.
- The new reservoir with a capacity of two times 500 m3 was constructed, increasing the reservoir capacity by 6 hours to 25 hours. The existing reservoirs with a total capacity of 4’350 m3 were rehabilitated.
- The renovation of the 11 pumping stations was completed.
- 4.6 km of new pipeline was built. This included the extension of the water supply network to a district not yet connected to the central water supply network.
- The rehabilitation of existing pipelines in the total amount of 39 km was completed.
- A sophisticated plant control system and a Goeinformatics database was established.
- Financially supported new residential drinking water connections were provided to 125 households.
- Hungarian National Development Agency
The municipality of Ózd town in partnership with the Ózd Water and Canalisation Ltd, a publicly owned company that operates the drinking water supply, strives to rehabilitate the most critical elements of its water supply infrastructure (network pipes and devices and storage basins). The transportation mains, city mains and household connections suffer from early aging due to poor quality of the pipes, un-thorough execution of the mounting works and insufficient bedding of the pipes. Furthermore the deterioration is accelerated by the aggressive geological conditions.
Hungarian registration number: SH 3/13
The municipality of Ózd, Ózd Water and Canalisation Ltd. as well as the 38‘400 inhabitants of this area.
Replacement of the most critical parts of the water supply network. Complete renewal of the control system.
|Directorate/federal office responsible||
Swiss Contribution to the enlarged EU
VÁTI Ldt and the municipality of Ózd town in partnership with the Ózd Water and Canalisation Ltd
|Budget||Current phase Swiss budget CHF 7'165'500 Swiss disbursement to date CHF 7'026'271|
Phase 2 10.11.2010 - 31.05.2017 (Completed)Phase 1 10.11.2010 - 30.04.2017 (Completed)