Supporting Romanian NGOs for direct assistance of victims of human trafficking
The objective is to support victims of human trafficking through direct assistance services provided by non-governmental organisations in Romania. A financial redistribution system will be established to finance victims assistance services provided by NGOs.
Enhanced security and safety
- Primary target group: Victims of Trafficking in human beings - women, men and children
- Secondary Target group: NGOs active in the field of anti-trafficking; DGASPC; staff of the shelters; and ANITP personnel
- One week fund management training in Brussels and Geneva for ANITP staff
- Grant mechanisms set up
- Project Steeing Committee, Grant Board and Swiss Romanian Working Group met in 2016
- Project had to be cancelled due to new legislative framework for state funding in 2017 that no NGO in the field assistance to victims of THB could fulfill.
The first project outcome focuses on creating an efficient financial redistribution system (grant mechanism) within ANITP to support NGOs that provide VoT assistance. This will be achieved by creating institutional work methodology and procedures, providing training to ANITP staff in grant awarding and management and implementing programme publicity and visibility tools to promote the call for proposals. The second project outcome will assist victims of trafficking with quality services via NGOs, through the national anti-trafficking assistance system (grant mechanism) in Romania. This will be achieved by identifying and implementing projects of Romanian NGOs that provide VoT assistance.
|Directorate/federal office responsible||
Swiss Contribution to the enlarged EU
|Budget||Current phase Swiss budget CHF 170'354 Swiss disbursement to date CHF 0|
Phase 17 14.11.2014 - 31.08.2018 (Completed)Phase 16 01.02.2014 - 31.07.2015 (Completed) Phase 15 01.09.2014 - 28.02.2019 (Completed) Phase 14 01.03.2013 - 30.06.2018 (Completed) Phase 13 01.03.2013 - 30.11.2015 (Completed) Phase 12 01.11.2012 - 30.06.2018 (Active) Phase 11 01.04.2012 - 31.03.2013 (Completed) Phase 10 01.04.2012 - 30.06.2017 (Active) Phase 9 01.04.2012 - 15.06.2014 (Completed) Phase 8 01.03.2012 - 31.03.2018 (Completed) Phase 7 01.03.2012 - 31.08.2013 (Active) Phase 6 01.03.2012 - 15.11.2014 (Active) Phase 5 01.03.2012 - 30.06.2018 (Completed) Phase 4 01.03.2012 - 30.09.2019 (Active) Phase 3 01.03.2012 - 30.07.2015 (Completed) Phase 2 01.01.2012 - 31.12.2017 (Active)