Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Energy Efficiency and Emission Reduction in the Parseta River Basin
This project aims at increasing energy efficiency and reducing emissions of greenhouse gases in the region of the Parseta River Basin in north-western Poland. The basin is particularly known for its unique flora and fauna, protected by a series of nature conservation sites along the river.
Efficacité énergétique et énergies renouvelables
- Purchase and installation of complete solar systems for domestic hot water production on 37 public buildings with constant hot water demand (including public schools, kindergarten facilities, sports facilities, a swimming pool and several social centers).
- Replacement and upgrade of heating systems
- Upgrade and extension of three municipal heating networks.
- Purchase and installation of two wind micro-turbine systems to serve as back up for the heat pumps forming a part of the central heating system.
- Campaign to promote the use of renewable energy.
- 38 solar thermal systems have been installed on public buildings.
- 58 heating systems have been replaced or upgraded.
- 3 municipal heat distribution networks have been upgraded and expanded.
- 1,776 km length of municipal heat distribution networks have been upgraded and expanded.
- 22 heat pumps have been installed.
- Two wind micro-turbines have been installed.
- 19 photovoltaic systems have been installed on public buildings.
- 52 meetings (1,722 participants) have taken place in schools.
- Substantial reduction of CO, CO2, SO2, NOx and dust emissions has been achieved.
- Energy savings of more than 11,600 MWh per year have been achieved in the participating public buildings.
- National Coordination Unit
- Polish Ministry of Development
In line with the EU directive on renewable energy, Poland has set itself the goal of increasing renewable energy use to 15% of overall energy consumption.
The project's overall objective is to improve energy efficiency and to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. This will be achieved by promoting renewable energy and by modernizing the boilers and heating networks in a total of 88 public buildings located in as many as 24 towns and villages.The goal of the project is to improve health, living and environmental conditions in the region.
The direct beneficiaries are the municipalities owning the public buildings and the heating network to be upgraded in the course of this project. They will particularly benefit from reduced energy costs due to more efficient heating systems and networks. Indirect beneficiaries are the users of the public buildings, i.e. people who live, stay, work, learn or take a cure there.
|Direction/office fédéral responsable||
Contribution suisse à l'UE élargie
|Partenaire de projet||
Partenaire de mise en œuvre
Union of Towns and Communes
of the Parseta River Basin
|Budget||Phase en cours Budget de la Suisse CHF 10'747'331 Budget suisse déjà attribué CHF 10'608'166|
|Phases du projet||
Phase 4 25.02.2010 - 31.12.2016 (Completed)Phase 3 19.05.2010 - 31.12.2016 (Completed) Phase 2 27.01.2010 - 31.03.2017 (Completed)