Note: the texts under all the headings, with the exception of 'Results achieved', describe the situation before the start of the project.
Modernization of Heating, Cooling and Ventilation Systems in three Regional Hospitals of the Malopolskie Voivodship
Air pollution and emission levels in Southeastern Poland are substantially higher than in Western European countries. The Malopolskie Voivodship owns 20 health care facilities located on its territory. The three public hospitals participating in this project are the largest and due to their medical specialisation the most important ones for the region. The main aim of the project is to modernize the central heating, cooling and ventilation systems of the three hospitals, thus reducing air pollution and emission levels.
Efficacité énergétique et énergies renouvelables
- Modernization of the cooling/heating system, implementation of a modernized hot water generation system, and rehabilitation of the hot water distribution network of the St. Luke hospital in Tarnow.
- Installation of a modernized central heating system based on heat pumps and upgrade of the hot water network of the John Paul II hospital in Krakow.
- Installation of gas fired cogeneration units for hot water and electricity generation, replacement of outdated pipes of the central heating system by insulated modern ones, and modernization of the ventilation system of the Rydygier hospital in Krakow.
- 17 modernized and upgraded hot water generation and distribution equipment and systems
- 3'390 linear meters modernized hot utility water systems
- 28'800 meters mondernized central heating systems
- 6 chillers and coolling towers installed
- 79 air handling units installed
- 11'365 m2 of walls subjected to thermomodernization
- National Coordination Unit
- Polish Ministry of Development
Air pollution and emission levels in Southeastern Poland are substantially higher than in Western European countries. While high emission levels and PM10 particle concentration partly result from the industry, the energy consumption of public buildings, particularly hospitals, substantially adds to air pollution.
The goal of the project is to decrease environmental pollution, and to improve the safety and well-being of patients by the introduction of renewable energy sources and by the modernisation of the heating and cooling systems in three public hospitals in the Małopolskie region.
The direct beneficiaries of this project are the three hospitals in Krakow and Tarnow treating 80’000 patients per year. Indirect beneficiaries are the inhabitants of the region due to reduced emissions and better air quality.
|Direction/office fédéral responsable||
Contribution suisse à l'UE élargie
|Partenaire de projet||
Partenaire de mise en œuvre
|Budget||Phase en cours Budget de la Suisse CHF 11'206'502 Budget suisse déjà attribué CHF 11'128'134|
|Phases du projet||
Phase 6 23.12.2009 - 31.01.2015 (Completed)Phase 4 25.02.2010 - 31.12.2016 (Completed) Phase 3 19.05.2010 - 31.12.2016 (Completed) Phase 2 27.01.2010 - 31.03.2017 (Completed)