The 2010 Agreement on Education ensured Switzerland's full participation in the education, VET (vocational education and training) and youth programmes of the European Union (EU). In the current EU programme for education, youth and sports, Erasmus+, Switzerland participates only as a third country (partner country).
- 27.11.2017: Federal decree on the promotion of international mobility in education for 2018–2020
- 16.04.2014: Decision by the Federal Council on the introduction of a Swiss transitional solution for Erasmus+ in 2014, subsequently extended to 2017
- 26.02.2014: Suspension of the negotiations on the participation of Switzerland in Erasmus+ as a programme country
- Since 2011: Official participation of Switzerland in two EU education programmes (Lifelong Learning and Youth in Action)
- Since 1994: Indirect participation of Switzerland in individual projects of the EU’s education programmes
- Until 1994: Official participation of Switzerland in two EU education programmes (Erasmus und Comett)
Status July 2019