You are here:
Embassy Kuala Lumpur
Relocation of our consular services
Since 28th May 2012, the consular services of this embassy have been transferred to the Regional Consular Centre in Bangkok:
- Inscription / announcement of departure at the Swiss representation
- Applications for passports and identity cards
- Civil status affairs (birth, marriage, divorce, etc.)
- Change of address
- Visas, etc.
Regional consular center
c/o Embassy of Switzerland
35 North Wireless Road
Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Tel.: +66 2 674 69 00
Fax : +66 2 674 69 01
Regional Consular Centre Bangkok
c/o Embassy of Switzerland
P.O. Box 821
Bangkok 10501, Thailand
Starting 16th April 2012, the Austrian Embassy in Kuala Lumpur will be the competent representation to issue Schengen Visas for trips to Switzerland and the Principality of Liechtenstein (C – Visas for Tourism, Business and visits).
Reorganisation of the consular services
The purpose of relocating the consular services to the regional consular centres is to ensure the high quality and efficiency of our service and that it is adapted to meet the needs of Swiss citizens living or on temporary stays abroad.
The reorganisation takes into account that nowadays most consular matters can be dealt with by post or e-mail. An increasing number of Swiss citizens communicate with the representations in this way. Only a few matters, such as recording biometric data for identity documents, require the applicant to be present in person.
The relocation of consular services will be combined with the following services:
- Creation of a helpline that is operational 365 days a year, 24 hours a day as of 1 May 2012.
Tel : +41 800 24 7 365
The FDFA Helpline and its services
- Possibility of obtaining biometrical data in Switzerland from cantonal passport offices or from another Swiss representation abroad that provides consular services. Please note that the request for an identity document must first be addressed to the representation responsible for your place of residence.
- In the context of events abroad bringing together a large number of the Swiss community, possibility to use mobile devices to record biometric data
- Co-operation with other member states of the Schengen area on visa matters
Information available in German, French, Italian / Informationen verfügbar auf Deutsch, Italienisch und Französich / informazioni disponibili in tedesco, italiano e franceses / informations disponibles en allemand, en italien et en français:
Riorganizzazione dei servizi consolari (pdf, 107 Kb)
Réorganisation des services consulaires (pdf, 160 Kb)
Reorganisation der konsularischen Dienste (pdf, 109 Kb)
Embassy of Switzerland