You are here:
Embassy of Switzerland
Looking for a representative of Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia for "2014 Youth for Security and Cooperation in Europe" Model OSCE (pdf, 20 Kb)
Swiss National Youth Council (SNYC) website
Swiss Delegation to the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) in Vienna
Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe OSCE (FDFA Website)
Official Website of the OSCE
All the consular tasks are treated by the Regional Consular Centre Baltic States in Riga since 30th May 2011:
- Inscription / announcement of departure at the Swiss representation
- Applications for passports and identity cards
- Civil status affairs (birth, marriage, divorce, etc.)
- Change of address
- Consular protection
- Assistance, etc.
The purpose of relocating the consular services to the regional consular centres is to ensure the high quality and efficiency of our service and that it is adapted to meet the needs of Swiss citizens living or on temporary stays abroad.
The reorganisation takes into account that nowadays most consular matters can be dealt with by post or e-mail. An increasing number of Swiss citizens communicate with the representations in this way. Only a few matters, such as recording biometric data for identity documents, require the applicant to be present in person.
The relocation of consular services will be combined with the following services:
- Creation of a helpline that is operational 365 days a year, 24 hours a day as of 1 May 2012.
Tel : +41 800 24 7 365
The FDFA Helpline and its services
- Possibility of obtaining biometrical data in Switzerland from cantonal passport offices or from another Swiss representation abroad that provides consular services. Please note that the request for an identity document must first be addressed to the representation responsible for your place of residence.
- In the context of events abroad bringing together a large number of the Swiss community, possibility to use mobile devices to record biometric data
- Co-operation with other member states of the Schengen area on visa matters