You are here:
Embassy of Switzerland
Relocation of our consular services
Since October 3, 2011 the consular services of this embassy (passports and ID cards, civil status matters, registrations at the embassy, etc.) have been transferred to a regional consular centre. Please address your correspondence in future to:
The reorganisation of the consular services in 2012 takes into account that nowadays most consular matters can be dealt with by post or e-mail. An increasing number of Swiss citizens communicate with the representations in this way. Only a few matters, such as recording biometric data for identity documents, require the applicant to be present in person.
The relocation of consular services has been combined with the following services:
- Creation of a helpline that is operational 365 days a year, 24 hours a day as of 1 May 2012.
Tel : +41 800 24 7 365
The FDFA Helpline and its services
- Possibility of obtaining biometrical data in Switzerland from cantonal passport offices or from another Swiss representation abroad that provides consular services. Please note that the request for an identity document must first be addressed to the representation responsible for your place of residence.
- In Croatia, mobile devices to record biometric data are used twice a year.
- Co-operation with other member states of the Schengen area on visa matters.
- Trasferimento dei servizi consolari (110 Kb, pdf)