Promoting Gender Responsive Policies in Southeast Europe- Contribution to UN Women
The project will support the ongoing efforts of the countries in Southeast Europe to address the gender inequality and women’s empowerment issues. It aims to contribute to an increased implementation of national and international gender equality commitments. Within the UN Women regional project, co-financed by the Austrian Development Cooperation, SDC will support the implementation of local level activities in Macedonia for the full integration of Gender Responsive Budgeting (GRB) in policy planning and budgeting.
Conflict & fragility
Human rights (incl. Women's rights)
Sexually transmitted diseases incl. HIV/AIDS
- Important frameworks and mechanisms to support implementation of GRB are in place;
- The Government adopted the first GRB Strategy in the sub-region;
- The Government established a sub-group to montior the implementation of the GRB;
- Pool of GRB experts has been established;
- Key knowledge products on GRB have been developed;
- Increased regional cooperation and exchange of knowledge
- GRB Pilot intitatives implemented in three municipalities in Macedonia.
- United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women
- UN Women, Regional Office Istanbul
Direct beneficiaries of the project are: • Finance units and Gender Equality Mechanisms at central and local level; • Civil servants in line ministries and Local Self-Government Units (LSGU); • Members of Parliament • Civil society organizations; • Academia Indirect beneficiary of the project in Macedonia is the population of 10 LSGUs ( approximate 1 million people).
Results from previous phases:
The key results from previous phases (not financed by SDC) are:
|Directorate/federal office responsible||
United Nations Organization (UNO)
|Budget||Current phase Swiss budget CHF 3'000'000 Swiss disbursement to date CHF 3'000'000|
Phase 1 01.12.2011 - 30.11.2013 (Completed)