International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF)
Despite progress made, major gaps still exist to fully realize sexual and reproductive health and rights for all. IPPF, through its 147 member associations in over 170 countries, is among the leading non-governmental organisations globally active in advocacy and service delivery to advance sexual and reproductive health and rights. As such, IPPF contributes to the implementation of the International Conference on Population and Development and the Agenda 2030.
A nivel mundial
Salud y derechos reproductivos
Enfermedades de transmisión sexual inclusive el VIH/sida
Fortalecimiento del sistema sanitario
- An estimated 290,000 women die each year in developing countries from pregnancy-related causes, and 2.9 million newborns die in the first month of life. Nearly all of these deaths are preventable.
- Some 225 million women who want to avoid pregnancy are not using safe and effective family planning methods, for reasons ranging from lack access to information or services to lack of support from their partners or communities.
- The majority of adolescents lack adequate knowledge required to make informed decisions about their sexual and reproductive health.
- Despite evident gaps in the area of sexual and reproductive health and rights it remains difficult to advance and prioritize the issue in global and national policies.
- By 2022, 100 governments will respect, protect and fulfil sexual and reproductive rights and equality.
- By 2022, one billion people will act freely on their sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- By 2022, IPPF will be a high performing, accountable and united Federation.
- By 2022, IPPF and our partners will deliver two billion quality, integrated sexual and reproductive health services.
- Galvanise commitment and secure legislative, policy and practice Improvements;
Engage women and youth leaders as advocates for change;
- Enable young people to access comprehensive sexuality education and realise their sexual rights;
Engage champions, opinion formers and the media to promote health, choice and rights;
- Deliver rights-based services, including for safe abortion and HIV;
Enable services through public and private health providers;
- Enhance operational effectiveness and double national and global income;
By 2022, five million supporters including two million IPPF volunteers and three million online activists.
- 149.3 million sexual and reproductive health and rights services delivered (an increase of 67% over 3 year period). Nearly half of these services were provided to young people. 82% delivered in the 73 countries identified as having low or medium levels of human development where unmet need is highest.
- Over 8.9 million new users of contraception accessed services through an IPPF clinic, an increase of 34 % over 3 years.
- The proportion of all service users who were poor and/or vulnerable was 85%, the highest ever achieved by IPPF.
- Contribution to 283 significant advocacy wins at national level and 46 advocacy wins at global level that defend/advance sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Other international or foreign NGO North
- SDC multilateral and bilateral programmes in the area of health
- Human Reproduction Programme (HRP)
- ACT!2015 Initiative (UNAIDS)
The still limited access to sexual and reproductive health and rights information, education and services has major consequences on people’s health and undermines individual, social and economic development
Sexual and reproductive health and rights for all.
Through the work of IPPF Member Associations, IPPF reaches populations in 170 countries, with a particular focus on poor and vulnerable people, on women and girls and on young people. And through its advocacy engagement at the global and regional level IPPF can even reach a larger population.
|Efectos a medio plazo||
Through its strategic framework 2016-22, IPPF will contribute to the following outcomes:
Resultados de las fases anteriores:
|Dirección / Officina Federal responsable||
Cooperación al desarrollo
|Contrapartes del proyecto||
Contraparte del contrato
ONG internacional o extranjera
UNFPA, UNAIDS, WHO, HRC, ICRC
|Coordinación con otros proyectos y actores||
|Presupuesto||Fase en curso Presupuesto suizo CHF 9’600’000 Presupuesto actual suizo ya emitido CHF 9’514’802|
|Fases del proyecto||
(Fase en curso)
Fase 10 01.01.2016 - 31.12.2019 (Completed)Fase 9 01.01.2013 - 31.12.2015 (Completed)