Together for Empowerment
The project aims to improve access to education and health of over 25’000 people belonging to rural communities situated in three counties in the south west of Romania: Dolj, Olt and Gorj. The communities include vulnerable populations, mainly of Roma origin. The project is part of the thematic fund for inclusion of Roma and other vulnerable groups in Romania. Further information about this fund can be found among the additional information on the very bottom of this page.
Accroître la sécurité sociale
- 1893 beneficiaries for the education component
- 1220 children took part in different psychosocial activities. These activities helped the children developing their non-cognitive skills and building up their ethnic and individual self-esteem.
- 600 parents participated in parental education for at least 1 year
- 223 teachers and educators were trained in intercultural skills
- 3475 children and 400 mothers are registered with general practitioners and benefit from quality health care services
- 100% of the new born babies were vaccinated
- 6 community centers were established
- 10 schools supported the introduction of health education classes with a focus on reproductive health and maternity risks prevention; 44 teachers were trained on how to deliver health classes
- 10 communities have increased their level of empowerment
- More than 30 community initiatives for more than 3800 members of the communities
- 290 community members have improved skills and competences on advocacy, communication and negotiation, project writing, management and community mobilization
- 42 people of Roma and other vulnerable groups have increased business and entrepreneurial skills
- 26 income generating activities and individual businesses out of 28 are efficient and profitable in 10 local communities after the ending of the project.
- Terre des Hommes Lausanne
Members of the Roma communities and other disadvantaged groups in the counties Dolj, Olt and Gorj
Regarding the education component, the project will be working with parents, pupils and teachers. It will provide parental support activities, afterschool classes and intercultural kindergartens for children and training for teachers. In the health component, the project will establish three community centres providing first-aid and primary medical consultations. Further, information, education and awareness activities for vulnerable populations will be organized. General practitioners will be supported to improve their standards of care for Roma patients. For the community empowerment component, initiatives for intercultural dialogue, for solving common problems and capacity enhancement for community members will be implemented.
|Direction/office fédéral responsable||
Contribution suisse à l'UE élargie
|Partenaire de projet||
Organisation suisse à but non lucratif
Executing Agency: Terre des Hommes (TdH)
|Budget||Phase en cours Budget de la Suisse CHF 4'594'701 Budget suisse déjà attribué CHF 4'550'000|
|Phases du projet||
Phase 5 01.05.2013 - 31.03.2019 (Completed)Phase 2 01.03.2012 - 30.11.2019 (Completed) Phase 1 01.03.2012 - 30.11.2019 (Completed)