Which documents should I submit with a national visa application?
The application will be forwarded to the competent cantonal authorities in Switzerland for a decision. The Embassy of Switzerland can only issue the visa after approval by the competent authorities. The total processing time is approximately 8-12 weeks. This time is an approximation only and may vary considerably depending on the canton responsible and the elements of the application.
The Embassy does not provide information during the procedure. Therefore, please contact the cantonal migration authority responsible for your place of residence:
- Individuals who wait outside the fence and offer their services are not associated in any way with the staff of the Swiss embassy.
- The Swiss embassy does not cooperate with any agency.
- The staff of the Swiss embassy has no contact with the agencies outside the building.
- The Swiss embassy is located inside the black fence.
- Forms and information are free of charge.
- The Swiss embassy provides information free of charge.
- The Swiss embassy does not recommend any insurance company.
- You must make an appointment.
- Only complete applications will be accepted.
- The Swiss embassy does not provide any information by telephone or email about the applications being processed.
to ask for additional documentation
to transmit applications to the Swiss authorities
to summon candidates for an interview.
Warning concerning agencies
The Swiss embassy retains the right:
to make changes to this information without notice