Important COVID-19 Information
- In view of the current surge in COVID-19 cases, the Government of Bangladesh has prolonged the lockdown proclaimed on 14th April, 2021.
- International passenger flights to and from Bangladesh have, with a few exceptions, resumed.
- Bangladesh operates a number of quarantine regimes depending on where passengers are travelling from. For detailed information, please liaise with your travel agents and/or flight carriers prior to travelling.
- Information on international flights can be obtained from the airport website (www.shahjalalairport.com) or the respective flight carrier.
- No visa applications will be accepted whilst lockdown is in place.
- The Chancery of the Embassy of Switzerland in Dhaka remains open for Swiss citizens upon appointment. For scheduling an appointment, call +880 255 051 601 (from 8.00AM - 4.00PM, Sunday - Thursday) or send an e-mail to email@example.com.