To complement its international cooperation team, the Embassy of Switzerland in Bangladesh invites qualified candidates to submit applications for the position of
The Team Assistant will provide administrative support to the international cooperation team and its management, and contribute to timely and responsive administrative support to the Embassy overall. The position reports to the Deputy Head of Mission/Head of Cooperation.
Starting date: as soon as possible or upon mutual agreement
- Support the overall day-to day tasks of the Deputy Head of Mission/Head of Cooperation and Deputy Head of Cooperation
- Maintain daily work schedules, personal and team appointments, and contact database
- Organize and take minutes of internal meetings and contribute to other reports and documents
- Prepare and manage the general official correspondence (in English and Bangla) of the international cooperation team
- Make arrangements for and organize field missions, official visits; and external and internal events, such as workshops or consultation meetings
- Provide ad-hoc support to the Embassy overall, on a need-basis
- More tasks and responsibilities can be added according to Embassy needs and priorities
Interested candidates must
- Have a post–graduate qualification from a reputed Bangladeshi or foreign academic institution
- Be fluent in Bangla and English and have excellent writing and editing skills in English (international English language certificate holders are preferred)
- Have several years of work experience as a top-level, high-pressure, deadline-oriented team assistant in an executive environment, possibly in the field of international cooperation
- Be an efficient, self-starter, humble, productive all-rounder and continuous learner
- Have highly developed networking, interpersonal and intercultural skills, be team-oriented, reliable, flexible and able to work under pressure
- Have excellent office management and organizational skills, including support skills and experience in operating IT and office software / equipment
- Have a keen sensitivity with regards to political and intercultural issues, as well as an interest and know-how in development and humanitarian affairs.
The closure date for applications is 23 October, 2021.
The Embassy of Switzerland offers a competitive package of salary and benefits in a diverse and dynamic working environment. Fluency in a Swiss national language (German, French, and Italian) is an asset.
Candidates who fulfil these requirements for the aforementioned vacancies are invited to download and complete the FDFA Application Form and send it, along with a letter of motivation, to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an assessment.
The Embassy of Switzerland is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or any other identity or status features.