Junior Project Manager (Internship) at Swissnex Brazil
Two Junior Project Manager positions are open in Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo. Start: ideally September 2023. Apply until 30 June.
As part of the Swissnex team in Brazil, you are expected to take ownership of accomplishing new and different requests from Swiss and Brazilian stakeholders. You will be working in some of the most dynamic cities in the world, where opportunities and encounters are constantly happening. You will have the chance to explore such opportunities and contribute directly to innovative, scientific and entrepreneurial projects by giving inputs, connecting people, doing research, organizing events and coordinating suppliers.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Reactively and proactively work with the Swissnex CEO and the core team of Swissnex Brazil in Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo to accomplish tasks and respond to requests; assist and, where possible, take full ownership of the professional implementation of projects and events; and contribute with new ideas and initiatives to further Swissnex’ unique mission and objectives. That includes:
- Event Planning & Management: active participation in and contribution to events and learning expeditions/delegation visits;
- Logistics & Administration: active support with logistics needed to run Swissnex, its office and events;
- Connecting the dots’ & Networking: act as a connector between people and ideas.
Detailed Overview of Tasks
Event Planning & Management:
- Conduct research & participate in brainstorming for event topics;
- Independent planning, preparation and execution of projects and events;
- Identify, contact and coach potential speakers/exhibitors/participants;
- Manage local stakeholders, service companies and suppliers;
- Assist with public relations and communication between partners, sponsors, and other project partners.
Logistics & Administration:
- Draft funding applications and reports;
- Update and maintain event project database;
- Logistical organization, including setting up event room, cleaning, welcoming and registering guests;
- Take charge of AV management during events & generally support the ‘back-end’ of events;
- Execute administrative duties such as assisting in office maintenance, basic IT support, mail distribution, and hospitality.
‘Connecting the dots’ & Networking:
- Reactively and proactively promote collaboration between people and organizations in Switzerland and Brazil;
- Occasionally attend events, conferences, and meetings as a Swissnex representative, and share contacts, findings and learnings with the Swissnex team.
What we look for in a Candidate
General / Personality
- Outgoing, communicative; avid networker and connector;
- Independent, self-motivated;
- Hands-on, proactive;
- Visionary, creative, resourceful;
- Passionate about Brazil;
- Dedication to further Swiss excellence in science, education, innovation and art.
Background / Experience
- Recent Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (starting date maximum 1 year after graduation date);
- Proven experience planning and managing events and/or projects;
- Professional mastery of Portuguese language (reading and speaking, B2 level or more);
- Professional mastery of at least one Swiss national language;
- Professional mastery of the English language;
- International experience (Brazilian and Swiss experience a plus).
- Proven organizational skills and ability to multi-task;
- Ability to independently implement projects;
- Excellent people and communication skills (verbal and written);
- Attention to detail;
- Solid time management and ability to prioritize;
- Web and social media savvy are a plus.
- This is a 100% position. Ideal start date: 1st of September 2023;
- Contract minimum duration: 6 months, maximum 12 months;
- The position requires flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends;
- Swiss citizenship or EU studying/recent graduate in Switzerland + valid work permit in Switzerland required;
- Candidates with dual nationality Swiss and Brazilian are not eligible for this position;
- Proficiency in the Portuguese language is mandatory.
- Apply until 30 June