Social Inclusion and Improvement of living conditions of Roma and other vulnerable groups in Mures, Cluj and Bihor
The overall goal of the project is to improve the living condition and the social inclusion of the Roma communities and other vulnerable minorities in the project region Mures, Cluj and Bihor. The project intends to apply a combination of different interventions in the following fields of education, health, social assistance and vocational education.
Soziale Sicherheit erhöhen
Verschiedene soziale Dienstleistungen
- Education: 87 after school classes (2106 direct beneficiaries) were running during 2016 in 70 localities; the local authoritied co-financed the after school programme with 50% of the total value; By the end of 2016 130 Roma mediators, tutors and teachers were trained in inclusive education and pedagogical methods.
- Health: 10 Roma communities benefited of full access to accredited health and social services provided by the project, 750 were informed regarding the health and social assistance services; health education for 816 (426 children and 390 adults)
- Vocational education: Three vocational training courses were organized with a total of 86 beneficiaries . By end of 2016, 28 Roma families started or continued their small-businesses, 272 Roma persons benefited of job mediation of which 58 persons succeeded to get a job;
- Housing: till end of 2016 53 families benefitted of improved houses ( new rooms or bathrooms) buid up based on dweller driven approach;
- 700 Roma children of pre-school level and primary school level are supported by kindergarten or after school activities.
- 100 teachers have been trained in intercultural, individual and children centred training
- Process of institutionalizing extra-curricular educational services is supported
- Roma are supported to get registered
- Roma are supported to better access health and social services
- Awareness raising activities on health issues implemented
- Vocational education implemented and cooperation with employment agencies and companies in place
- Roma are supported to develop and implement income generating activities
Target groups are Roma and other vulnerable groups in the region, in particular Roma kids (education), young adults (vocational skills and income promotion), children and women (health and social assistance).
Education: the project will set-up of after school classes, catch-up summer kindergarten, other support on pre-school and primary school level and enhance inclusive education. Health and social assistance: Informing the Roma about their right to access medical services and health insurance; offering assistance for registration; information and awareness raising on health issues, medical services, nutrition, hygiene, childcare, family planning, offering social counseling services and establishing and providing home care services “by Roma for Roma” and other non insured people. Vocational education and income promotion: fostering access to vocational trainings (access to accredited courses) and micro-business development (self-employment).
(by the end of 2016)
Health and social assistance:
Income and employment:
Schweizer Beitrag an die erweiterte EU
|Budget||Laufende Phase Schweizer Beitrag CHF 0 Bereits ausgegebenes Schweizer Budget CHF 0 Budget inklusive Projektpartner CHF 3'599'788|
Phase 1 01.03.2012 - 30.11.2019 (Completed)