Partnership Block Grant
The Partnership Block Grant aims at promoting and strengthening existing and new partnerships between Switzerland and Romania. Partners may be local associations and public administrations as well as specific institutions. The Block Grant is part of the Partnership and Expert fund in Romania. Further information about this fund can be found among the additional information on the very bottom of this page.
Rafforzare la società civile
- Small grants: minimum CHF 10’000 and maximum CHF 100’000 - with a duration of 18-36 months
- Large grants minimum CHF 100’001 and maximum CHF 250’000 - with a duration of 18-36 months
- 33 large grants and 7 small grants are financed
- all 14 projects from the 1st round and 8 from the 2nd round ended their implementation
- 69 Romanian and 43 Swiss entities were actively involved in developing partnership relations
- 39 partnerships between Romanian and Swiss entities increased their quality
- 95 Romanian and 75 Swiss benefitted from the exchange of experiences and know-how in various fields (social, environmental, cultural, etc.)
- 5 tools (manuals, concepts, working tools etc.) were developed through knowledge transfer
- 7 EAs are involved in local networks (including local partnerships).
- by the end of 2016, it is reported an average absobtion rate of 96% (taking into account the finalized projects)
Partnerships between private and/or public entities have shown to be an important instrument of knowing each other - country, region, local governance, culture, social system - better and therefore promoting mutual understanding and friendship at an institutional as well as at a personal level. Partnerships can be a significant means for volunteer activity in favor of a community and for knowledge exchange between institutions.
The Partnership Block Grant has as general objectives to promote, enhance and/or strenghten institutional partnerships between Romanian and Swiss partners in order to contribute to the solution of specific development challenges, to strengthen the capacities and structures of the Romanian institutional partners and to benefit from Swiss added value.
The partners and the local population, where applicable, in both countries.
Two Calls for Proposals will be launched: the first in 2012, the second in 2014, with an allocation of CHF 2.5 million each. Two types of projects will be financed (excluding own contribution):
(by end of 2016)
Risultati principali attesi:
• At least 35 small grants and 17 large grants are expected to be successfully implemented
Contributo svizzero all'allargamento dell'UE
|Partner del progetto||
Intermediary Body: KEK Consultants Consortium; Executing Agency: The Romanian partners (NGOs, local administrations, associations)
|Budget||Fase in corso Budget Svizzera CHF 7'843'639 Budget svizzero attualmente già speso CHF 1'905'291|
|Fasi del progetto||Fase 4 01.09.2014 - 31.08.2017 (Completed) Fase 3 01.04.2013 - 31.03.2016 (Completed) Fase 2 01.05.2012 - 30.11.2019 (Fase in corso)|