Political and Economic Assistant (full time)
Under the supervision of the Head of Mission, the Political and Economic Assistant will be in charge of collecting and analyzing information on political and economic developments in the country, as well as of supporting and facilitating interactions between Swiss and Uzbek companies.
- Monitor and write analyses/reports on political and economic developments in Uzbekistan;
- Liaise with main political and economic partners;
- Update information on policies and practices in related fields;
- Receive and respond to requests and inquiries from Swiss and Uzbek public organizations, NGOs and companies;
- Provide business related information to Swiss and Uzbek companies; advises them on opportunities for business development in Uzbekistan and Switzerland;
- Coordinate preparation of meetings with government, companies, NGOs etc.
- Create and maintain a relevant network;
- Academic degree in political science, economy, international relations or comparable working experience in related fields;
- At least 5 years of work experience in political or economic field;
- Good knowledge of relevant political and economic issues including the local legislation and processes related to the business, trade and investment in the country;
- Ability to identify, collect and analyse relevant information for the reports on political and economic issues;
- Strong ability to conceptualise, coordinate and organise
- Good intercultural, diplomatic and negotiation skills
- Fluency in English, both written and orally. Knowledge of German or French would be an advantage.
- Strategic insight
- Strong organizational skills
- Sense of cooperation
- Result orientation
The motivation letters, with comprehensive Curriculum Vitae in English should be delivered to the Embassy of Switzerland in Uzbekistan. No correspondence is possible during the selection period. The phone calls concerning the details of the employment will not be answered. Short-listed candidates only will be contacted by the Embassy. The Embassy is an equal opportunities employer, thus women are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for submission of applications is February 17, 2018.
Embassy of Switzerland in Uzbekistan
Shota Rustaveli Street, Impasse1, House 4
100070 Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Phone: +998 71 120 67 38/39
Fax: +998 71 120 62 59