Accountant / ICT Officer Position
The Swiss Embassy in Zimbabwe is looking to fill the role of Accountant / ICT Officer. As an employee of the Swiss government the Accountant / ICT Officer supports the Chief of Finance Personnel and Administration and the Deputy Chief of Finance and Personnel mainly in the smooth running of the office in the field of Finance and Administration and in ICT related issues. This is an initial 1 year contract with the possibility of renewal based on performance.
Reporting To: Deputy Chief of Finance and Personnel
Supervision Of: Self
Interacts With: Suppliers / Authorities / All levels of staff
- To update Bookkeeping in Vision+ / SAP based (income and expenditure)
- To check and finalise duty trip claims of personnel.
- Prepare online bank payments for office expenses and project disbursements.
- Responsible for advance accounts of staff.
- Responsible for the monthly report to Head Office, reconciliation of bank and cash accounts, year end disclosure procedures and assisting with annual audit.
- Prepare accounting book vouchers.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies and settlement of VAT returns.
- Bank withdrawals and liaison.
- Monitor office expenses and tally and enter cash receipts.
- Provide first level support for IT applications and training of staff.
- Liaising with Head Quarters in Berne and with local Service providers.
- Installing new IT equipment, setting up new users, admin of user accounts, obtain any quotes for procurement.
- Ensuring smooth functionality of the PABX, iridium, SAT phones and iphones.
- Some filing and responsibility for meeting room.
- Preparing VAT claims in the absence of Receptionist or Office Assistant.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by management
- Experience: 5 years
- Education Level: Degree
- Qualification: Accounting / Finance or BCom degree
- Software: Vision+ / SAP / MS Office / In house system
- Equipment: PC and telecoms
- Knowledge Of: Finance policies and practices
- Skills To: Safeguard data, maintaining server and IT network and all aspects of ICT
- Ability To: Work efficiently and communicate well with a good command of English.
- Personality: Analytical, rigorous and trustful
- Industry: International Diplomatic
- Culture: Forward thinking, inclusive
- Gender Profile: Mixed
- Age Profile: Any years of age
Terms And Conditions
- Employment: Contract
- Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
- Remuneration: Negotiable
All applications to come through CVPeople ONLY on this website.
Interested candidates, please can you follow this link to apply for the position through the CVPeopleAfrica website.
Those candidates not currently registered with CV People, please follow the below link and create a profile which will enable you to apply for the position (job reference number 19342) online:
Please contact Karen Young on email@example.com for any further information.
Applications for this role will close on the evening of Thursday 7th September 2017.