The Embassy of Switzerland in Egypt, Cairo has an opening for a
Political and Cultural Officer (80%)
Starting date: 1st September 2021
- Support the Ambassador and the Deputy Head of Mission in all diplomatic bilateral tasks of the Embassy of Switzerland, including questions on politics, economy and finance, culture, environment, education and law.
- Produce in-depth political analysis and a yearly economic report.
- Produce concept notes to advance bilateral activities. Establish contacts and prepare the content for meetings with the relevant Egyptian authorities.
- Write diplomatic notes and speeches.
- Support the preparation of official visits from Switzerland.
- Manage the budget for small development projects. Research, development and follow-up of the projects according to the guidelines. Organize all logistical and administrative aspects of the projects including contracts and negotiations on the financial aspects.
- Act as a focal point in the Embassy for the Egyptian cultural institutions and for questions on archeology. Organize and manage cultural events with Swiss artists in Egypt in collaboration with Pro Helvetia.
- Replace the "Media and Communication Manager" during his absence.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as economics, political science, international law.
- Excellent English and Arabic writing skills as well as oral skills. French or German an asset.
- At least 7 years of working experience in diplomacy, international organizations or in NGOs.
- In-depth knowledge of Egypt’s political and cultural landscape. Knowledge of Switzerland’s political system an asset.
- Ability to gather and deliver exact and relevant information under pressure of time. Ability to handle multiple priorities with efficiency and utmost discretion.
- Organizational skills and capacity to implement projects.
- Excellent intercultural and interpersonal skills with an outgoing and service-oriented personality.
- Flexibility and Team Worker.
We offer Attractive working conditions and a competitive salary. Opportunity to work in an international environment and on a job with a variety of tasks. Applications Interested candidates should submit their application with a letter stating their motivation, a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and necessary supporting documents (copies of diplomas and certificates) to the Embassy of Switzerland no later than the 15th of July 2021.
By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (job vacancy: Political and Cultural Officer, 80%)
For non-Egyptian candidates: Must be in possession of a valid Egyptian residence and working permit.