National Programme Officer – Domain Inclusive Sustainable Economic Growth and Employment
Office for International Cooperation (OIC), Embassy of Switzerland in Egypt
Starting Date: 1 June 2018 (or to be agreed upon)
Deadline for applications: 26 April 2018
The prospective National Programme Officer (NPO) will be mainly responsible for the Embassy’s activities in the field of economic development and employment, namely the identification, implementation, steering and monitoring of projects, including the following:
- Assess the context and propose entry points for enhanced engagement.
- Prepare and formulate new projects/programmes.
- Support, steer and monitor the ongoing projects/programmes in accordance with the OIC’s strategy and internal regulations.
- Participate in and support the preparation and carrying out of reviews, evaluations and other activities of the Project Cycle Management.
- Apply Conflict Sensitive Project Management practices, market development approaches and include transversal issues such as economic governance and gender.
- Ensure timely and quality reporting from the partners and to the Head Quarter, at the domain and project levels.
- Together with the Chief of Finance and Administration control and approve final invoices, as well as control the budget for the annual operations plans.
- Carry out the selection / tendering of implementing partner organizations, when needed.
- Provide any other support measures to the implementing partner organizations, when needed.
- Participation in the donor coordination and policy dialogue with the Government of Egypt, related to the field of intervention.
- University degree (preferably in Economics, International Relations, Engineering or related subjects)
- At least 6 years working experience in development cooperation, at project/programme and strategic levels
- Proven experience in project cycle management, including conflict sensitive programme management
- Proven experience in project identification and designing
- Excellent knowledge of the economic and socio-economic situation in Egypt, an existing network in the aforementioned fields including private sector, development agencies and NGOs and governmental and international authorities
- Proven knowledge and experience in economic development, private sector development, macro-economy and Public Financial Management, trade promotion and vocational training and financial inclusion
- Excellent knowledge of Arabic and English, written and spoken.
We offer attractive working conditions and competitive salary. Opportunity to work in an international environment.
Interested candidates should submit their application with a letter stating their motivation, a detailed Curriculum Vitae and necessary supporting documents (copies of diplomas and certificates) to the Embassy of Switzerland no later than 26 April 2018.
By E-mail: email@example.com (Subject: Job vacancy: National Programme Officer)
For non-Egyptian candidates: Must be in possession of a valid Egyptian residence and working permit.